Reviews (1 065)
1 065 results
All reviews girls night in package relaxation room afternoon tea leisure facilities sauna and steam room spa pool my partner wedding venue health club bar prices couldn't do enough changing rooms food was lovely restaurant staff course dinner wedding reception following morning
98 - 103 of 1 065 reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2018

From our arrival until departure the staff we met were friendly and professional.
Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean with all amenities e.g, shower stuff etc
The food at the Ball was very good and the services of the hotel management were excellent,
Although we did not go for breakfast until later our breakfast was hot and tasty and although we had to order fruit salad and more dishes Wendy was helpful and promptly organised these.

Room tip: We were in room 14 on the ground floor which is handy and quiet
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi rowat1

Thank you for leaving your 4* review after you attended the Rotherham Hospice Ball

It is very pleasing to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of the Hotel from your arrival to your departure. This is the 2nd year that we have had the pleasure of hosting the Rotherham Hospice Ball and all the positive comments that we have received since Saturday have been amazing. I am happy too hear also, that Wendy managed to look after you when you came in for breakfast in her normal caring self.

I hope we haven't got to wait another year to see you and that we can welcome you back very soon

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Bright, clean bedroom. Staff friendly enough. Food not great (don't order the Hellaby burger. Ghastly. Seriously thinking about inducing some vomiting). Good gym. But they have a strange attachment to overly-loud piped music. A little naïve of them perhaps.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi

Thank you for leaving your review and l apologise that l cannot use your name in my correspondence

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your Hellaby Burger and that you found the music not to your taste however i am pleased that you thought our bedrooms were clean & bright, the staff were friendly enough and the Gym was to your liking.

We hope that you may return soon

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Came on Saturday for my girls night in hen do. The staff were absolutely brilliant, so helpful and friendly! The manager Dave (I think that’s his name) we named him Rod... he was brilliant!! He couldn’t have done more for us, down to even having a little dance and sing song with us. Such a lovely friendly helpful man, he even came to say bye as we checked out! The spa was lovely as were the treatments and the relaxation room. Our bedroom was lovely too! Will definitely be back again for sure and recommending to everyone! Thank you for the best time Hellaby Hall and Rod!

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Rebecca S

Thank you for leaving your 5* review after your recent GNI hen do here at Hellaby Hall

All the team here work very hard to try and please our guests and to see that they have achieved that really pleases me, so when our guests have a good time its all down to them. On a personal note, may l take this opportunity wish you, your future husband and all family & friends a superb time on your wedding day and that you both have a long & successful married life together

We look forward seeing back at Hellaby Hall soon for what ever occaision

Dave (Rod) R

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I can not comment on the hotel side of this business as this was a food only visit. We decided some time ago to try the hotel for Mother's Day and were really looking forward to it as this is a very nice building in a good state and surrounded by well maintained grounds. Our first course was melon, soup and a prawn and apple cocktail. All three were very well presented but with the exception of the soup failed to come up to he mark. My main. Course was a chicken breast that was slightly overlooked with some really nice potatoes and button mushrooms. Veg was green beans and broccoli and although I am a big fan of al dente these were bordering on the raw. Our guest that day had the beef which they said was nice but not enough of it. The desserts were a huge disappointment, the lemon tart looked and tasted soggy as if it had been frozen and defrosted. Our guest could not eat much of the sticky toffee pud and left it. A disappointing meal all in all which I have to say was very average. Bar prices here are outrageous and two glasses of wine and two cokes came in at eighteen pounds and no matter what they say about wine costing more in hotels I would like someone to justify such prices for a very poor house white. The staff here really do need training in table service although to be fair they did try but it was obvious they were lacking in style , personality and skill.

Hi tonysmith664

Thank you for leaving you review on TA

I apologise that we did not meet your expectations and l will take on board all your comments, both positive & negative and will address them with both the Food & Beverage and Kitchen Managers. We have just recently formed a brand new front of house team, whom are still a little nervous but with the extra training sessions will improve in their confidence.

Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed for one night at Hellaby Hall for a spa break with my friend. Firstly the Staff are all great, so helpful and polite.
Spa was very clean and the treatments were fantastic. I think the relaxation room after the massage is a lovely touch, so relaxing.
The food was really enjoyable and presentation was good too.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay and we would definitely recommend it!
Thank you to you all!

Management response:Responded 9 March 2018

Hi Zoe R

Thank you for your 5* review after your Spa Break.

Megan and her team are doing a superb job of getting the Fretwell Health & Beauty salon on the map with their skills & dedication.
More pleasing to me & the Team here is that you would definitely recommend it.

We will look forward to seeing you again soon