2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$240
eDreamsUS$239
Agoda.comUS$240
TripadvisorUS$239
ZenHotels.com
All reviews isle of wight sea view stained glass windows copper bath resident cat lilac room hotel cat luxury room sun room pub grub fish and chips sunday lunch stayed one night high standard enjoyable stay short break needles
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2019

Opted for the full English and was not disappointed. Relaxing atmosphere with a fabulous view of the stormy sea. Would recommend to all.
Staff as always were charming and cheerful.
One of our favourite haunts.

Reviewed 26 September 2019

To waitress - What soup is it?. Answer - Don't know will ask.
To waitress - What fish is it? Answer - Don't know will ask
Meat pie - looked like a frozen one, microwaved. Even if not, pie crust was hard and some meat filling dry & hard. Green vegetables undercooked and hard.
For in excess of £100 never again.
Couple commandeered the upstairs sunroom making it plain we were note wanted.

Date of stay: September 2019
Hall W, Manager at The Beach House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2019

I'm sorry to hear your time with us was not what it should have been. I would be really grateful if you could email me at guestfeedback@hall-woodhouse.co.uk with the subject line of Beach House #7081 and provide me with some more information i.e Your name and contact details, Date and approximate time of your arrival/meal, and anything else you think might be useful, this will give me a chance to look into this deeper and respond to you direct.

Many Thanks
Kane

Reviewed 24 September 2019 via mobile

What an amazing location! Stunning walks along coast line from the back of the hotel.
The Victorian building is bursting with character and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Of course it did help that the weather was glorious that day

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2019 via mobile

Driving through Milford on Sea we noticed this charming building so we stopped for lunch. We ate outside in the sun and it was a great meal - I went for the crayfish linguine and a white bait starter which were both delicious. The staff were friendly and efficient and this hotel has a pleasant decor too so this was a good experience.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2019

Before I wax lyrical about this lovely hotel, a word of warning. If you are disabled & have mobility issues, please make this very clear at booking. The entrance bar & restaurants are accessible as are afew ground floor rooms, other rooms & facilities are not. I was in room 5 on the first floor & made it clear I was disabled & was told I would need to climb four stairs Only to find on arrival that it was four flights, result tweo members of staff practically having to carry me upstairs. That aside, the hotel is lovely & the staff are fantastic. We had lunch in the restaurant on arrival & I opted for the ploughmans, it was the biggest I have ever seen & the waitress a charming young lady called Vicky was wonderful. The room was large & really lovely with superb views to The Needles. We had our dinner in our room due to the stairs & this meal was also superb. The bed was very comfortable & we slept well. Breakfast was not of the same quality with undercooked sausages & cold beans. We stayed for linch & again, it was really nice. We will certainly go back & if it wasn't for the access issues I would give this hotel five stars. It is a lovely building.

Room tip: Best room is No5
Date of stay: August 2019