“Great night out”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This hotel used to be the Westover Hall
Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Lovely visit, I had a great steak and my pocket cheese was not met with the usual hostility. I’d visit again, mainly to see Suzanna who was a great host and made our evening super fun. White bait sounded nice but maybe next time

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (473)

Reviewed 9 October 2021 via mobile

Lovely meal, great food but really the service made it special! Suzanna is an excellent host, full of personality and is a credit to your business.

Reviewed 3 October 2021

We have always enjoyed our previous visits but today was different.
Had to wait over half an hour for the drinks to arrive and more than an hour for the food.
We arrived at 2pm but by then neither the Sunday roast or vegetarian roast were available.

Date of visit: October 2021
Hall & Woodhouse, General Manager at The Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your reviews. I am sorry that your experience was not up to our usual standards. I will feed back your comments to the team working on Sunday regarding the service you received.

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

Very poor. We've been here plenty of times before being relatively local. But this was without a doubt the most disorganised it's ever been.

Arrived and stood waiting for a considerable time while the one person on the desk tried to sort out a staying guest that they seemed to not be able to find on their system.

Finally got to ask for a table to be told to chose one ourselves without a reservation sign. The icing on the cake was to be told sandwiches only and to order at the bar, AT 4:15PM ON A SATURDAY? It wasn't busy.

I appreciate its difficult in the service industry right now but this was beyond useless and everyone seemed completely disorganised. Even the waitress going back and forth from outside seemed confused based upon the conversation we overheard while waiting.

We went somewhere else local and had a lovely meal. Won't be back again any time soon I'm afraid.

Date of visit: September 2021
Hall & Woodhouse, General Manager at The Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. All feedback is appreciated as we are unable to improve without it. We are sorry that your recent visit was not as it should be. But unfortunatly on Saturday we were unable to run our full menu due to lack of kitchen team between 3pm and 6pm.

Reviewed 3 August 2021

The guests all seem to wear masks, very few of the staff do. I think it would be a courtesy if they did especially as they are now asking us all to go inside to order and pay for our coffees that we want on the terrace. There was only one bar attendant there and he told me he was eating a meal and off duty so he wasn’t prepared to help. He then put his head down for a nap, so I went back out and returned a couple of minutes later. I asked for some ventilation in the lounge last week. Only one small window was openable, apparently, and the waiter didn’t know which one that was! I did not want to stay in a room that had not been ventilated and left. I noticed today that that window was shut.

Date of visit: August 2021
Hall & Woodhouse, General Manager at The Beach House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. As with all previous guide lines we have taken the health and safety of our guest and team extremely seriously. We are closely following the guidance given by the goverment and Public Health England as we have done throughout the pandemic. As with all decisions relating to Covid-19
Thank you once again for taking the time to share your valuable thoughts.

Samantha Wright