Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sister site toilet block well stocked shop great site toilets showers clean facilities children's play area new forest dog walking area swimming pool laundry room minute drive on site shop out of season great weekend weekend break a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

In the awful weather, Thee staff here were amazing working hard to make pitches usable , towing off those who got stuck which included me! All the time remaining cheerful and friendly . Thank you so much for making feel welcome. Can’t wait to come back
Kim

Trip type: Travelled solo
Shorefield Holidays Team, Owner at Lytton Lawn Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2020

Dear Kim,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us. We're delighted that you had an enjoyable time with us and that you felt welcome from the moment you arrived. We are extremely proud of our fantastic staff and it's great to hear they shone through during your visit.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 October 2020 via mobile

The weather was so awful and very muddy. However we still had an amazing stay and the staff were so friendly, really helpful and couldn’t do enough for you. Cannot wait to go back and stay when the weather is warmer.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shorefield Holidays Team, Owner at Lytton Lawn Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled that you had a great time with us, even if the weather wasn't on your side!

We are extremely proud of our fantastic staff and are pleased that their helpfulness shone through during your stay.

We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Just spend a great week at lytton lawn first time we have used a full service pitch. Really nice site toilet and shower block keep really clean and on site shop/ reception is well stocked and a good price. Staff are really friendly and are doing a great job with everything going on at the moment. We will definitely be back

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us here at Lytton Lawn Touring Park. We're delighted that you enjoyed your half term getaway and that you found out facilities ideal for your stay.

We really appreciate your comments and look forward to welcoming you back in future!

Reviewed 19 October 2020

We have been to this site on 3 occasions now, first with the Retro Caravan Club, once on our own and now recently as part of an Eriba Caravan Group. We chose this site due to the fact our group of 6 were coming from different parts of the South East and we love the New Forest.

This visit was however the nail in the coffin for all of us. The pitches we were given were reminiscent of certain battlefields of the Somme, unkempt, virtually no grass extremely muddy and sloping downhill.

We appreciate the fact the weather has not been kind to the ground over the past few months, but there was no indication of service upkeep on the pitches, unlike the big white boxes whose pitches were perfect in most cases.

We arrived in the afternoon and after setting up, I placed my firepit (Which was off the ground as per the site Terms and Conditions) and about 5 or 6 metres from the fence line in front of our van.

I then started the fire which had just got started when the Warden came over and asked me if I was burning wood on the firepit? I fought the urge to be flippant and told him yes, it was wood. He then informed me and I quote "You can't burn wood on the forest" I scratched my head and asked what he meant by this, to which I was told "You can only burn Ecologs or charcoal as the sparks off the flames from real wood could ignite the trees and the sap they produce"

I stood in bewilderment at this absolute drivel and complete rubbish!!! 6 metres from the fenceline, damp trees, no wind, wet ground, the list goes on..... you get the picture.

I duly went and bought Ecologs to appease the warden, but was extremely annoyed to find that the terms and conditions do not state this is a requirement and nor does Hampshire County Council.

The next issue was when we asked if we could stay on the pitch for a little longer on the Sunday as we were all looking to have lunch at a nearby pub before we went on our way. No was the straight answer, "We don't do overstays" although there were lots of empty pitches along the bottom of the battlefield.

Prior to leaving the site, I donned my red leather gloves and picked up my firepit which had hot embers still in the bottom of it, and went to find a hot ash bin. Reminiscent of the receptionist in Little Britain "Computer says No" I was told there was no such receptacle?

I was then presented with a black PLASTIC dustbin with water in the bottom to place the embers into. Really???

I finish this rant by warning you all, this is not a great site, there are so much more better ones in the New Forest and yes you guessed it we will be going to any of the others next time.

Goodbye Lytton Field.

Dear davidrapson,
We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Lytton Lawn and that your recent visit was not a success. Unfortunately the New Forest has experienced a number of fires this season caused by campers and as such we have been working closely with the National Park in a bid to eliminate this problem. A local example of the damage that can be caused can be seen in the fire in Wareham Forest this summer, it devasted the woodland and its ecosystem. We will of course update our park rules to reflect this, when these are rewritten. It is a shame to read that you don’t plan on returning to Lytton Lawn.
Very best wishes,

Reviewed 11 October 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for the weekend and as always enjoyed our break. We come here a few times a year as it's one of our favourite local sites. We checked in via the app and went straight to our pitch on arrival which i think works really well and should continue after covid.

We were on pitch 424 which is next to the pathway to the toilet block. This is the first time we have been on this particular pitch and unfortunately one I will avoid in the future. For an executive pitch we expected the pitch to be level side to side which has always been the case on all shorefield sites and executive pitches we have been on in the past, however this one wasn't. Had to go to the top of the ramp on one side and still wasn't quite enough. We also found it very distracting having someone walk down the side of the caravan constantly to get to toilets and shop so we had to leave the blinds up on that side. Like I say for some this may not be a problem but as we go here 2 or 3 times a year I would specifically ask not to go on that pitch again.

The staff here are so friendly and helpful, they are a credit to shorefield. The shop was well stocked and open long hours too. The toilets were spotlessly clean as we have always found and good that the main doors are wedged open to avoid having to touch the door handle to get out after washing your hands. The site was very busy this weekend (never seen it so busy out of season) but this did not impact on the cleanliness whatsoever. Well done to the onsite staff!

We drove to shorefield country park to use the pool which is booked online in advance, worked really well and there were only 9 people including us in the pool which was fab. The pool is so warm aswell. Just to pre-warn that changing rooms are closed so you have to drive back in your wet gear but we knew this and took our dressing gowns to wear back. Around a 5 minute car journey.

Back again in December and already looking forward to it. Thank you shorefield for a lovely weekend.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Shorefield Holidays Team, Owner at Lytton Lawn Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2020

Dear Leanne,

Thank you for such a detailed and comprehensive review, we're sure other guests will find it very useful!

We really appreciate your wonderful comments and are pleased to read that you had yet another stay with us here at Lytton Lawn. We are sorry to read that you didn't quite enjoy the pitch you were placed on this time around, however our teams are always more than happy to take requests for particular pitches. Simply mention this to our Reservations Team at the time over the phone or as a note on your booking online and we will do our best to fulfil your request where possible.

We're also delighted that you managed to make use of the facilities at our nearby sister site and look forward to welcoming you back again in December.