Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sister site toilet block well stocked shop great site toilets showers clean facilities children's play area new forest dog walking area swimming pool laundry room minute drive on site shop out of season great weekend weekend break a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 August 2015 via mobile

We have visited this campsite twice this year. We were really happy with the cleanliness of the toilets and the site is extremely clean and tidy. There is a great playing field for the children where we had enough space for a good game of rounders. The site is child friendly and safe although I wouldn't let my young children go to the field by themselves as there is a stream running alongside it. On our last visit in June it was pleasant and quite quiet, it felt spacious however this visit was very different. It was cramped with a sense of feeling on top of each other.
From our experience from both visits and when we have stayed in the Shorefield Caravan park also we have found that staff moral and customer service may need to be addressed in some training. Grumpiness and lack of facial expression from staff is not great for expecting customers to return. When signing in to the campsite I was faced with a list of rules and regulations of what not to do, when toilets are not open and when to be quiet and to make sure you order your paper or there might not be one! There was no hint of enjoy your stay, welcome back, lovely to see you again, have a great time or we're here to help if you need anything!
Do not go to this campsite if you are staying as a group of families. You will be told off at 11.05 if you are still up talking and expect to be told off again in the morning. If this campsite is too cramped for friends and families to get together then maybe they should only offer it as a couples campsite.
I witnessed park staff telling off children for bouncing footballs, a father and daughter being told if for playing bat and ball when not on their own pitch and a lady being told off for speeding when she was hardly even moving.
All in all, if you are looking for a camping trip that will take you back to your youthful school years of being scared to breath through fear of getting a telling off then this is your place! I'm afraid to say that this puts an end to ANY more stays with the Shorefield chain.

1  Thank Disie1
ShorefieldHolidays, Manager at Lytton Lawn Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2015

We're sorry to receive your comments, we try to maintain a balance that ensures all our guests enjoy their stay. Noise is always one of those issues which divides opinion, as you can see from previous reviews.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We stayed for a week in the first week of August in the lower field on a slightly sloping pitch. This was the best family campsite we have stayed in for a long time, the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful and the site itself is enclosed and feels very safe. The children ran around all week with a big gang of kids and had plenty of fun in the play area and the games room. The swimming pool at the sister site was a bonus and we used this every day. When we went the pool was clean and warm, perhaps the changing room floor could have been cleaner.

The site itself is definitely a family site and there are lots of big groups so I could see it getting noisy if you happened to get a noisy group. We only experienced a lot of noise on the last night, but this stopped by 11pm. You can hear the road but it did not disturb us.

The pitch was big enough for a large tent, car and all our bikes. People pitched big tents on either side but whether we were too close or not depended on how the neighbours pitched - with a little care it was possible to fit the tents on the pitch without being too close.

There was loads to do in the area and the cycle-friendly trails in the New Forest were only 20 minutes drive away. We also visited Beaulieu and Lymington, and on a rainy day Southampton was within easy reach.

The price for the campsite was £42 a night which seemed a little steep until we arrived and found all of the facilities - the use of the lovely warm swimming pool really made this a great place to stay. I was reluctant to leave a review as I thought I should keep this place a secret!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for not keeping it a secret and we're glad you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

Arrived today. I understand quiet time is from 11pm but as lay here at 10:55pm it's like a warm up for Glastonbury. I've never been to a campsite where there is so much noise - it's so overcrowded here. I can hear three lots of music and what sounds like hundreds of people talking and laughing really loudly. Along with the noise from the nearby road, barking dogs andcar alarms, I am really wondering what we have let ourselves in for!

Date of stay: August 2015

We hope the rest of your stay was enjoyable, there are wardens on site who will always investigate any noise disruption.

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Just returned from a few days at Lytton Lawn Touring Park. This was our first outing in our campervan and what a great place to start. Was on pitch 305 which was lovely and spacious in a quite area of the site. My grandson did not want to come home as made some new friends and had a great time. Will definately look at going back there at some point. Thanks everyone for a great few days.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your lovely review, we're glad you had a great time.

Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

We have just returned from 4 nights in a tent. I read the reviews and went with an open mind. The staff made us welcome and were friendly throughout our stay.
Our pitch was sloping but we re-arranged the beds so we didn't roll out! The facilities were clean and the water was hot. The showers could have been a bit more powerful but they did the job. The use of the pool at the other site was great. The state of the pool was better than I expected. (I had read an earlier review and I was concerned; there was no need to be) Lytton Lawn is ideally situated. We visited Beaulieu and Bournemouth for the airshow and the New Forest is on the door step. We had a lovely break and we can't wait to return next year.

Trip type: Travelled with family
ShorefieldHolidays, Manager at Lytton Lawn Touring Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Thank you for your great review of Lytton Lawn Touring Park and Shorefield Country Park. We're glad that you're planning on coming back to spend more time in this beautiful part of the world.