Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$141
View deal
Hotels.comUS$141
Expedia.comUS$141
CheapTicketsUS$141
PricelineUS$141
TravelocityUS$141
Orbitz.comUS$141
All reviews gypsy caravan living room rosie pots wagon tv torch
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2020

We had a one night stay in the wagon was a brilliant experience slept like a log . breakfast was lovely everything you need in the morning .Lucy and Dave were very welcoming nothing is to much trouble

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2020

We stayed at this property and did a pottery course last year. The property is within the family home and feels a little chaotic and disorganised. We wanted a quiet calm time away and this was hindered by the family goings on and manner at times of the owners. Dave can be a great teacher in pottery but off hand. This made us feel awkward at times. When we arrived i was asked what room we were staying in (felt they should have asked me who i was, known i was arriving and welcomed me straight to where we were staying). They had forgotten that there was three of us- so extra bed needed making up. On the second day for breakfast they realised i was gluten free and stated 'you should have said'- i had said on the form for pottery for lunch allergy requirements; do the two things not marry up? I dont write many reviews and had decided to just leave this as a place i would not return to, as i had spent a lot of money for the weekend and it seemed poor value. However, this week i returned to collect my pots. Dave was off hand and unwelcoming when i asked for my friends pots that were not in the box. He shouted through- 'we cant do it if you dont tell us'. He was rude and sarcastic- his assistant in the pottery was helpful however. This could be a great place but needs more customer care focus and organisation

Date of stay: October 2019
Lucy R, Owner at Vinegar Hill Pottery B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2020

Dear Jim
We are so sorry to hear that you felt disappointed with your stay here. I take full responsibility for the extra bed not being made up. I do remember this and I did get it sorted out for you straight away. With regard to the breakfast, that can happen as the B&B and Pottery courses are on different systems, as they are actually different businesses - so it will not alert me when if you don't fill it in on the dietary requirements of the B&B when you book.
We do state clearly on our website that this is a family home. We have 3 children - the pottery and the children are our way of life and on the whole people seem to really enjoy this less formal approach.
I can only apologise if Dave was off hand and rude when you arrived to collect your pots. I can only say that you must have caught him at a time when he was stressed. However, I totally agree that this is absolutely NO excuse - as we pride ourselves on being friendly and courteous hosts. It seems in this instance that we did not make the mark and I apologise profusely for that. Your review has been noted and we have taken it on board.
Kind regards
Lucy Rogers

Reviewed 1 October 2019

We stayed in Rosie the gypsy caravan for 2 nights.such a sweet,cosy little caravan.
Authentic and old fashioned,the bed took up most the room and was quite comfy.
Set in a lovely area,walking distance to the pubs and restaurants.Sadly our 2nd night was heavy wind and rain but it didnt spoil our stay.Breakfast was really nice too,warm croissants,toast and fruit and yogurt.If you fancy something a little different then we would 100% recommend.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 25 May 2019 via mobile

So my first bit of advice would be to create a separate “Things to Do” listing for those not staying in the B&B as the B&B seems to be as great as the pottery so would increase your TA scores.

We booked a 1 day course with Dave and 6 other novice potters. Although the cost is £100 this includes 3 items to take away, c5 1/2 hours of pottery all on a wheel, some cracking food and drink and overall a great experience.

We were welcomed at the gate by Dave and sat in the studio chatting to the other guests in the fairly non chatty way that us British people do when meeting new people. Dave was soon back with the rest of the group and explained the day and then we got down to it. There was a lot of info up front and as a person who learns better when doing stuff I was eager to start and learn so we cracked on and let’s be honest made a pigs ear of it to start. Dave was around to guide and answer question continually and he helped everyone to at least get a decent cylinder thrown before we broke to tea and cakes. Watching Dave was mesmerising as it looks easy for a pro but getting down to it yourself is a bit trickier.

Anyway after some very tasty coffee and brownies it was back to work making bowls and as Dave pointed out to make a good bowl you need a good cylinder. He also showed us a new way to centre the clay using the lighthouse. All up to lunch is was bowls and decorating the bowls again Dave was there helping and coaching so we turned out something half decent.

Then off to lunch. A very tasty chicken ham and greens pie with baked rosemary potatoes and 2 types of salad. This was finished off with a lemon posset and Moroccan Mint tea. All of which was what I would call homely food and very very tasty. Honestly I felt lovely and full after dinner but when lemon posset turns up you can’t really say no.

Back to the studio for plates in the afternoon again building on the knowledge from the morning and again Dave showing us the way and coaching us on what to do. We got through to around 15:30 and then you get to clear up, pick your best three items for firing and decide what colour u want for a glaze. We paid for extras and then visited his gallery and bought bowl and a jug.

I don’t have a bad word to say about this experience and lots of great words mainly because the experience was great and it’s good to see small businesses providing great service and events for the public. After all friendly fun and a learning experience, tasty food and drink. What’s not to like?

I hope to be back as we both really had a great day. Hopefully next time we can stay in Rosie.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2019

I stayed at the Vinegar Hill Pottery B&B when attending their 3 day pottery course at the weekend with my Mum. The course was fantastic. As an absolute beginning I couldn't believe how much I learnt. The Raku firing was amazing and I came home with some stunning pots with more on their way after firing. Others on my course were a mix of abilities but all stressed how good the course and Dave's tuition. The B&B was charming. I stayed in the Garden room which is more of a cottage to yourself. The family atmosphere was great. The breakfasts served in your room and the lunches on the course were lovely. I'm looking forward to going again the in the future and cannot recommend it highly enough. A little tip for anyone attending the course is to wear old clothes as you get rather messy but the clay washes out.

Room tip: Garden room was spacious with own lounge area and access to garden seating.
Date of stay: May 2019