Lowest prices for your stay
US$120
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews last sunday fish and chips sunday lunch biscuits ales milford
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 November 2019

We went last Sunday for lunch, very good food & service.
Lovely to see Ian running the pub, we wish him well & a B&B for visitors as well !
A very good traditional village pub, just what suits Milford.

Room tip: Talk to Ian !
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 9 November 2019 via mobile

We have often popped in here and were sad to see it closed in May. Visiting again last week, we realised it had reopened and decided to stop for a swift half.
It has been lovingly redecorated and looked very pretty with the candles and flowers. There is a lovely big table where the pool table was, perfect for family celebrations. Lots of references to lions!
We were tempted by the fish and chips, which were really good. The fish was very light and freshly cooked with crisp batter. Homemade tartar sauce too!
The beer was good - I had Hampshire Rose. You can still just have a drink at the bar and there were tables not set for dining.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a nice atmosphere. Last but definitely not least, dogs are allowed in too with plenty of biscuit supplies at the ready.
Good luck!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

First visit- rude unfriendly bar-maid

I entered the practically deserted bar (3x patrons, late Saturday afternoon) and took a look around. Then in a most unfriendly way, I was begrudgingly asked if I wanted anything. I replied that I was just looking around (I’m not inclined to eat/ drink in soulless environments). I’d picked up a menu from behind a partition wall. I then overheard the barmaid comment to the solitary man at the bar, in a matter-of-fact tone, “I wish they’d ask if they want to use the loo!” In no uncertain terms, I let her know that I wasn’t in the loo and could hear her. I then walked up to the bar with the menu I’d just been looking at. Before I’d a chance to say anything, she was was stating that food wasn’t available. Maybe that wasn’t my query!! I turned and walked out, whilst informing her that her rudeness had cost her my (and any future) business. My advice is to avoid this establishment (unless you enjoy being berated by bar staff) and make haste to the friendly and lively Smugglers Inn, conveniently located just down the road. It was heaving with customers all having a great time (including me) and friendly, welcoming staff.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank ukwhirlwind
Reviewed 21 April 2019 via mobile

Great pub, good range real ales and reasonable priced food, friendly staff, to me the best in the village. Nice outdoor area with children’s play area. Interesting building dating back in parts many hundreds of years

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2019

Was visiting this pub for the 1st time and between a local and the bar staff they made sure that I felt very uncomfortable speaking on my phone while in the pub.

I apologised and finished my call outside but that still was not good enough.

Don't talk on your phone indoors. Maybe just don't talk and you might have a better experience.

It is not the experience a new landlord should be giving to any of their customers.

Room tip: In this instance quality of the room was not applicable
Date of stay: March 2019