All reviews large hotel a la carte restaurant french doors beautiful grounds thorpe park royal wedding buffet style lego land minute drive reception desk harvester
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in what I now understand might be the only remaining part of the hotel which hasn't been renovated. There was no shower, only a bath, not even a shower hose/head. Also, the room was very poor quality/had poor decor: some of the lamps didn't work and the decor looked nothing at all like what is advertised on the website for a family room.

When we spoke to the Reception staff they were offhand with us and made me feel embarrassed to be saying something, despite the fact that I felt we were being completely ripped off. We were told that we couldn't be moved to another room as the hotel was fully booked, in fact over booked (which is worrying in itself?!), that "some people like baths", and that if we wanted a shower we could walk over to the gym facilities in the hotel....! No sincere apology was offered.

I've recently made a formal complaint but wanted to warn others.

The rest of the rooms (over number 50ish) seem to be lovely and what you're actually paying for..

Room Tip: Call the hotel to book and make sure you get a "renovated" room / not any of rooms 1-50 ish
2  Thank HHLondon2018
BeaumontHotel, General Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit.

I am disappointed to note that elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to address your concerns with the management team for review.

We are always trying to improve what we have to offer and your honest feedback will help us in achieving this.

Kindest regards,

Venue Director

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I enjoyed my stay here with my two dogs. The staff on reception were very helpful. The breakfast was very good. I would stay again as it was so nice and clean. The rooms are big, and nicely decorated.

2  Thank Caroline M
BeaumontHotel, Manager at De Vere Beaumont Estate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Caroline M

Thank you for your review of the hotel following a recent stay with us.

I was delighted that your stay was everything you expected and more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely stay. This a large hotel with some walking involved to get from the car park to your room. We found it all very nice though, clean and attractive throughout. Service in the bar and restaurant was good and we enjoyed our meals. On the Sunday morning I wanted a banana to eat at breakfast and they had almost every fruit but that. However, one of the ladies on duty promptly fetched some so many thanks for that. All in all we'd recommend it for a stay.

1  Thank Kendogirl

Dear Kendogirl

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel after you stayed with us.

I hope you had a relaxing time whilst with us here at De Vere Beaumont Estate.

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I will be sure to share them with the team.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Really lovely original stately house that was extended to a college and then had annexes added in 70's I would guess by style. Building extends over quite an area and you will have to walk quite a bit to get to room, reception, bar, etc. Staff whilst in plenty numbers are not most efficient or sharp /quick - particularly in bar. Breakfast is a free for all. Food we had for function was ok at best.
Warning that you cannot buy cigarettes and nearest petrol station is about a mile walk away.
Also while hotel was very warm.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Dood19

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback here on Tripadvisor.

You have done your homework as you are correct, the original house was a stately home and then a private Boarding school until 1967. The hotel is set on 42 acres of lovely grounds and the bedrooms are located throughout, this can mean a short work to some of the rooms .
We do not sell cigarettes however the local shop is about 1/4 of a mile away.

Venue Director

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for a weekend as a family base LEGOLAND visit. Wow. I was fantastically overwhelmed . What an amazing hotel. We were welcomed professionally and promptly checked in. Given the information in very understandable terms.
Rooms are spotless, beds are huge , facilities are great.
Plenty of choice at breakfast and evening dinner. 1705 restauraunt is fab. Go and enjoy.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear elainor w.

What an amazing review and how lovely that you were fantastically overwhelmed,

I was so happy that your stay was everything and more for you and I hope you had a lovely time at Legoland..

I have shared your lovely feedback with the team.