“A lovely hotel with fantastic staff”

Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
Reviewed 28 August 2017

We had been given a two night stay, through travelzoo, as a wedding present. The hotel is a 19th century industrial barons home that was donated to the local community. The main market seems to be weddings but that is not a problem. The building has been very sensitively modernised and the gardens are a particular feature as they are being recreated but without trying to be absolutely as built, more of a modern,practical style. We upgraded to a suite, the Hardwick Suite, as this appeared to give us more space and a jacuzzi, which we enjoyed using. The decor in the hotel is very pleasant as it is both contemporary as well as being consistent with the history of the building. We did not make use of the spa so cannot comment on this. Breakfast is served in a different room to dinner, and is essentially a buffet arrangement but with staff available prove tea and coffee as well as boiled or poached eggs.
The factor that makes this hotel special is the staff - welcoming, friendly with a can-do attitude. There is a very good ratio of staff to guests. To identify individuals is perhaps unfair, but given our love of good food, the dining room staff were fantastic - Megan D, Natasha, Shannon and Kelsey. Kelsey is quite exceptional with a lovely smile, total confidence and an attention to detail. We dined in on both nights and, on the second night, Kelsey ensured our preferred wine was waiting for us on the table, arriving only just before we did. The food is of a very good quality but, be warned, the portions are large. So thank you to all the staff for making. our stay so enjoyable.

Room Tip: it is worth upgrading to a suite in gthe main block
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HorseyJon
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Thankyou so much for leaving your delightful review. It was very pleasing to read that you consider its our staff that makes our property so special.
Well I quite agree, our dedicated, enthusiastic team are quite exceptional in their customer care, and we receive so many kind words from our guests who leave reviews on this web system, which bear testament to this.
Do come back and see us soon, you can view our special accommodation offers on our website, and book direct with our reception team.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 042)

23 - 27 of 1 042 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night to attend my Nieces wedding ,was pleased after, a long Journey,to be met by very helpful staff who told us our rooms were ready early which was a very welcome surprize .The room was very nice with a huge bed and beautiful bathroom ,as an added bonus there was even an iron in the room which when preparing for a wedding was a useful tool .
I can't realy judge the actual wedding venue because it was a quick swop due to the weather spoiling the original garden ceremony,but the hotel did there best to accomodate the wedding in a room in the hotel which was ideal to say it was a last minuite change .
The Wedding reception was set in the marque which looked amazing sat in spectacular grounds ,I have seen some less than favourable reviews about the marque ,but at the end of the day a marque is just a posh tent subject to use and weather, not a solid brick building so ,unless new ,you would expect it to look less than perfect.All the waiting staff were polite and proffesional and the Lady who seemed to be master of ceromonys was incredibly good at her job.
I now have a couple of negative points just to add ,I personally have walking difficulties and firstly the Hotel is huge and does not have a lift so there are a lot of stairs and long corridoors to contend with ,also the marque is quite along walk from the hotel on less than perfect paths so please take this into account if you are staying here and have any walking problems I am sure if you inform the hotel when booking they would be more than happy to try and accomodate your requirements.We had an issue in the night with extremely noisy neighbours which I reported to reception at 2.30 in the morning at which the staff dealt with the situation imediately for us .
The only hotel food I can comment on is the breakfast and the only word to describe it is Superb ,there was everything you could want it is all buffet style ranging from full cooked breakfast to fresh fruit and pastrys there is something wrong with you if you leave the restaurant hungry .
All in all a stunning hotel with in amazing grounds its a shame I was only there for the wedding because I didn't get chance to realy explore the place more thoroughly however I was very impressed with what I saw.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank kevingills23

Thankyou for leaving your kindly worded review following your attendance at your nieces` wedding.
We do recommend any guest who may have walking difficulties to speak to our reception team, as they can assist with the most appropriate accommodation for your needs, and arrange for our "buggy" to ferry you to and from the marquee.
To read that you considered Ringwood to be "a stunning hotel with amazing grounds" was music to my ears!!
Do come back and stay with us again at a more leisurely pace, maybe a leisure break in the Peak District. Keep an eye on the accommodation offers on our website which may just tempt you back.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

After having our wedding at ringwood hall last year they were kind enough to offer us a complimentary nights stay for our first anniversary. On arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff who were very excited to meet our new baby. The trip just got better from there as they had booked us into the feature room that we had the pleasure to stay in on the night of our wedding. I would recommend the gatehouse suite to all guests. Ringwood hall were kind enough to also give us our evening meals and our breakfast complimentary and the food was outstanding as always. The most important thing about ringwood is the staff! I have never been to an establishment where the staff are as friendly and helpful as they are here. They are all polite and professional and take the time out of their day to ask how you are and want to hear your reply. The staff that were working in the evening on the 18th in the coach house were generous enough to carry our pram down the stairs and where possible we were able to use different exits which made our trip easier. I have always found that every staff member is exceptional however there was one in particular that stood out to us. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get his name but it was a gentlemen who greeted us at the reception and served us while we were having our evening meal. He was very kind to check that both myself and my husband were able to have something to eat as my 8 week old baby was being a little difficult at the dinner table. He was kind enough to turn the music up slightly for us as this settled our little girl. On every visit I have had to ringwood hall I have never been let down or had anything that I needed to complain about. Thank you for the amazing nights stay once again and I will be sure to return next year and all following years x

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Amie T

Thankyou so much for leaving your delightful review. I`m really pleased that your "anniversary stay" with us was so enjoyable and brought back so many happy memories of your wedding day with us.
Ringwood is really blessed with a remarkable team who go out of their way to make sure our guests enjoy their stay with us. In your case it seems we did just that. Keep an eye on the accommodation pages of our website for special offers for the next time you are looking to stay with us. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We visited the hotel on several occasions during the planning of our daughters wedding.At each visit we found the staff to be courteous, accommodating and extremely friendly. We stayed in the hotel the night before the wedding with 40 of our guests, and enjoyed a hot buffet in the Chatsworth suite. The quantity and quality of food was exceptional. We had originally planned a pavilion wedding for the ceremony but the weather was unkind and at the last minute had to be brought inside. Melvin from Strides wedding specialists pulled out all the stops to ensure that the room looked amazing. After the ceremony we moved to the marquee and were blown away by the flowers, and dressing of tables and chairs etc that gave the wow factor and created a magical ambience beyond our expectations. John our MC was brilliant and could not have done a better job and we thank him and all the ringwood staff for that. Compliments to the chef's for beautifully presented and utterly delicious food from the main meal to the hog roast at night.
The whole experience was unforgettable in fact we would like to do it all over again it was that incredible . In our opinion this is the best wedding venue ever :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Wow, we have received many compliments over the years from our bridal couples, but to read that you consider Ringwood Hall to be the best wedding venue ever was music to my ears.
In particular I was delighted to read that the food and its delivery during your stay with us was exceptional, I will pass your kind words onto our Head Chef. In addition I will do similar for your MC, John Ferguson who is a real star with the wedding couples he looks after.
Reviews like yours makes going the extra mile absolutely worthwhile, I`m just so thrilled that you had such an unforgettable wedding experience with us at Ringwood Hall Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The Hotel was selected out of convenience for visiting Chatsworth House, however, the hotel offered both the benefits of combining both Old and New and the gardens were meticulously well kept, worth a day on their own.

Food and service was excellent and all the appropriately helpful.

Facilities were good and well kept.

The suit was good and clean and very modern, the contrast with the hotel and its history.

Only issue was the request for a cocktail, which further training will fix....

Room Tip: keep back from the road, but the interiors are good and modern
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Colin W

Thankyou for posting your very complimentary and interesting review.
We like to think that we provide modern and efficient services in an historic country house setting, thus getting the best of both worlds.
It seems in your case, I`m very pleased to say that we delivered everything that you were looking for, apart from the cocktails of course, and we are doing some work on that currently.
Do come back and see us again, keep an eye out for the special accommodation offers on our website, and I`m sure there will not be a problem with cocktails when you next stay with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
2,9 km away
35,5 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
35,8 km away
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!