“A positve experience of Old and New”

Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brimington
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The Hotel was selected out of convenience for visiting Chatsworth House, however, the hotel offered both the benefits of combining both Old and New and the gardens were meticulously well kept, worth a day on their own.

Food and service was excellent and all the appropriately helpful.

Facilities were good and well kept.

The suit was good and clean and very modern, the contrast with the hotel and its history.

Only issue was the request for a cocktail, which further training will fix....

Room Tip: keep back from the road, but the interiors are good and modern
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Colin W
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Thankyou for posting your very complimentary and interesting review.
We like to think that we provide modern and efficient services in an historic country house setting, thus getting the best of both worlds.
It seems in your case, I`m very pleased to say that we delivered everything that you were looking for, apart from the cocktails of course, and we are doing some work on that currently.
Do come back and see us again, keep an eye out for the special accommodation offers on our website, and I`m sure there will not be a problem with cocktails when you next stay with us.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 042)

27 - 31 of 1 042 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2017

this hotel is fabulous. from start to finish they made my nieces wedding the best day of her life. the rooms are huge and the food is top notch. would definately recommend. the marquee is excellent for a summer wedding and the ceremony was magical.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Rona D, General Manager at Ringwood Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thankyou for your lovely review, and for taking the time and trouble to post on this web system.
We believe our hotel is fabulous too, and to read that we made your neice`s wedding day the best day of her life was a delight. Thankyou for saying that the food was "top notch", and overall you would definitely recommend.
You are right, our summer garden marquee is exceptionally popular for summer weddings, anyone looking for a Derbyshire, South Yorkshire or Peak District marquee for their wedding really should come and take a look!!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stayed in this lovely Georgian House Hotel the night before and the night of the wedding.
Whilst situated near a main road the grounds are very tranquil, you can sit outside around the back of the hotel and relax.
Our room was in keeping with the style of the hotel,large with a smart modern bathroom over bath shower and all other amenities.The bedroom had a double bed,tea & coffee making facilities,LCD tv,desk 2 chairs,all in all you could want for no more.
My parents stopped in the disabled room and were very impressed,large comfortable double bed,a large wetroom bathroom,wheelchair height sink and all the equipment they needed in it.
On the wedding day everything ran seemlessly, the staff were there but not there if you get my meaning,blending into the background but there when needed. Ablely managed by Dan the MC.
The food produced in house was of exceptional quality,not one person complained.
We had breakfast on 2 mornings and once again all food was good,buffet style, and the cooked items were hot,
If you are disabled don:t be put off by it being a Georgian Hotel, yes some corridors can be narrow but a full wheelchair can go through and ramps are available where required.
Lastly a big thanks to all staff who made the day so good,especially housekeeping.

Stayed: August 2017

What a wonderful review, thankyou for posting your kind words following your two night stay with us, while attending a recent wedding.
To read that you considered the food during your stay was of exceptional quality was a delight to read. Our brigade of chef`s work tirelessly to ensure that food delivery is first class, and I shall pass your kind words onto our Head Chef and his team.
Dan the MC on the day is another star of our very professional management and wedding team, I shall pass on your kind words to him also.
Your review mirrors the fact that Ringwood Hall Hotel won the `Best Wedding Venue` in Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire in the 2016 I Do Magazine Wedding Awards, and followed this up by being one of 6 finalist venues in the East Midlands, in the 2017 I Do Magazine wedding awards.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

We come out and provide entertainment for the casino evenings here at Ringwood, they are superbly run and the hall itself is absolutely beautiful and picturesque, we have also attended wedding parties here, staff are excellent and always friendly and professional, the rooms and facilities are great and the grounds are beautiful, I really enjoy working here at their events and hopefully look forward to doing more this year

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business

To receive a review with a title "Excellent hotel" is always a delight to read, thankyou.
Its always interesting to have a review from one of our suppliers, it provides a slightly different, but welcome perspective to our service and facilities.
I`m really pleased with your kind words and look forward to continuing our working relationship into the future.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Our nieces wedding took place on Friday 11/8. It was a joy from start to finish, where to start ...
Complaints
1) the path to the marquee needs attention and is poorly lit! Was concerned for my mum especially as she has poor mobility.
END...
Compliments
where to start...
We booked our rooms for our stay so far in advance, but our requirements for one of them to be a ground floor was noted and my Mum got a lovely GF room. We were advised if we contacted them first thing on the morning of the wedding they would check if the rooms were ready and allow us early access. Both rooms were available as soon as we arrived which was a great as we'd traveled from Sunderland.
The ceremony was in the Chatsworth suite which is beautiful. We were then taken through the stunning grounds to the marquee for a drinks reception whilst photos were taken. Wow the marquee was so beautiful.
The food, always high on my list was fabulous. I have Coeliacs and have to have gluten free food and my daughter is vegetarian, I often feel as if I'm creating a problem / fuss when eating out, but not the case here! When my daughter and I were served our meals the waiting staff who were all super and polite confirmed our meal types to us! I love this .. as I always worry I incase a mistake has been made, and yes it happens all the time and the consequences for me aren't great ...
The food was piping hot and delicious and we were all served at the same time.
The evening buffet was also superb, a lovely hot buffet, a fabulous change to sandwiches and sausage rolls.
Breakfast was also great, lots of choice and gluten free toast provided, lovely welcoming staff.
Loved the sweet cart & photo booth great fun touches and the disco was fabulous as well. Special mention to the lady, master of ceremony. So professional and made the day run like clockwork!

All in all a very very special day with super memories! Thank you

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thankyou for your delightful review following your neice`s marquee wedding at Ringwood Hall recently.
I will investigate your comments regarding the path down to the marquee, and fully understand your concerns where guests have mobility issues.
However it seems that this did not prevent you enjoying the day overall, and your kind words regarding our service, particularly in respect of dietary requirements was very pleasing to read.
Your kind words are a super advertisement for our marquee weddings, including Jen the MC on the day, who is one of the bright young talents in our management team.
I`m so pleased that you enjoyed as you say a very special day, with super memories.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brimington
2,9 km away
35,5 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
35,8 km away
Best Western Buxton Lee Wood Hotel

Been to Ringwood Hall Hotel? Share your experiences!