“Good food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited here on a Sunday evening. We hadn't booked but didn't have to wait long for a table. While waiting for the table we were asked if we wanted drinks. We all ordered different starters. They were all delicious. We ordered various main dishes which we shared amongst us. Service was good and staff were friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Usually have the set menu for 2 takeaway which is a mixed starter, 2 mains with rice, and poppadoms / naan.
Always excellent quality and good portion sizes. Bill is usually around £23 but worth it.
Haven't eaten in, but noticed Maya do an offer on Mondays and Tuesdays (?) which is set menu for about £10.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Maya has been my Dads local Indian for the last 20+ years, and he and we have been frequenting once every 2 weeks or so.
Food has always been good. However so disappointed, with the last time where we have to wait for 2 1/2 hours for our main course with not even an apology. Felt like our custom was very much taken for granted.

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I hadn’t booked. on recommendation we thought we would try maya for a change as we often go out for a meal at weekends. we were offered a table upstairs ,it was like entering the local library ? a long room with no windows every one was talking quietly, there was some background music but it needs to be slightly louder.
We had ordered drinks downstairs and they arrived with the menus .After about 15 mins I noticed 2 others couples were waiting to order. eventually a very young lad came into the room, I asked if we could order and he said he would get someone ,another few minutes passed and 1 couple got up,left their drinks and walked out
Then another young man came to
take our order. we asked for some info on one dish but he didn’t know, we opted for
the set menu. After a few minutes we received the popadoms and tray and then a minute later the 2nd course of mixed starter arrived .these were quite nice a tasty, However the 2 main courses were both bland even though we were told they would be medium strength they were also luke warm with a very strange looking prawn which we chose to leave.
We were then offered coffee but I just wanted to leave the ambience was awful.we couldn’t have a private conversation.
we went down stairs to pay, the manager? through the bill on the counter, with no comment ,needless to say this was my first and will be my last visit to maya.

Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Been a few times and always forget to go back every time been good. But the last time was faultless. Lots off flavour excelent service. And very reasonable priced. Will be making this my fav Indian from
Now on.