“Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice meal. You could also have a la carte meals. Good accessibility for the wheelchair. Service was a little slow.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We eat here regularly and we have never had a bad meal. I would describe it as good, tasty pub food with plenty of choice and something to suit everyone. The staff are brilliant and nothing is too much trouble.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Having eaten here a few times and loving it, I took friends here for a 50th birthday.. After being seated it took well over 1 hour 20 to get meal... very slow I almost walked out. Staff still very friendly but would think twice about going here on a weekend

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere with great attentive staff. Food was probably nicest pub grub we have had in years! Great value for money and we would highly recommend this pub!!!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten at the Travellers Rest on many occasions and have never been disappointed. The quality of the meals will match any top restaurant, and I’ve eaten in many at home and abroad.
Sunday lunch for me this week was my favourite- belly pork with mash, veg and pepper sauce. Such a good choice that two others in my party ordered the same. Their verdict - the best they’ve ever had.
Steak nights here are worth a visit, especially if you enjoy rack of lamb (ring to prebook as it goes like hot cakes).
Prices are very reasonable, a huge variety of drinks available and the staff have obviously been hand picked and well trained.
Loads of parking, but taxis ensure you can properly test the drinks menu.

1  Thank stuart b