“Liars!!”
Review of China Phoenix

China Phoenix
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went to place an order with this restaurant as there food is normally pretty good, I paid by card to which a child had put through. They claim that my card had been declined.

After this I had checked my bank account and money had been taken out.i called my bank to see where the money had gone, it was confirmed with an authorisation case from bank that they had taken my money.

The restaurant had still claimed I had not paid for my order and would not accept authorisation from my bank to show I had. My order was cancelled and I now have to wait a week for the restaurant to claim my payment to be stopped by my bank.

This restaurant has really poor customer service and refused to allow me talk to a manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Ordered over the phone was answered buy a child with limited english

After placing the order and paying was told the card had been declined

After confirming with my bank that they had taken the money and been given the authorization code and asking to speak to the manager was put on hold and then told i would have to pay agin for my order and that i was telling them lies even they we have proof from the bank and they were less then helpfull and were not willing to help and was repeatedly told to pay agin and will not accept that they have taken payment for the order which is theft

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

First of all this Chinese is one of the best in the area...... but.... I was very very disappointed with the service I received today.... I ordered a home delivery and was quoted a price on the phone to which I gave over my card details to pay which was confirmed on the phone. When I received my food my receipt stated a different amount to which I paid for, also the delivery guy asked me to pay an extra £1.50 for delivery. I questioned this and was told that they had put the delivery charge into my bill and then processed my payment(without my knowledge). I explained that the driver had also stated that I needed to pay £1.50 cash. I also received two portions of the same item which I didn’t ask for but had been charged for... again without my knowledge. This was totally outrageous especially changing the amount and processing a payment without informing the customer first. To top it off they agreed to refund me the extra item and the delivery charge.... but.... I had to pay the driver £2 to bring the refund back to me.... absaloutly disgraceful..., advice is please double check your bill and amounts that get processed via card payments!!!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Food was good and very reasonably priced. Staff friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our meal and were very satisfied.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

Been here several times for sitdown and takeaways. The food is always very good providing they get the order right which has gone wrong a couple of times. Sevice for sitdown can be a little slow even when restaurant is empty I guess they prioritise takeaways. Restaurant has inadequate heating so can be a bit cold in winter but they plug in an electric fire for you.No licence so bring your own drink they will supply glasses.