All reviews twycross zoo free wifi self service convenient location coach trip reception area two night stay buffet breakfast both mornings duty manager room was clean and comfortable plenty of parking an evening meal stayed here for one night excellent value for money yogurt motorway
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Was a bit worried after reading other reviews before we arrived, but thankfully there was no need to be.

Staff friendly and accommodating, organised our rooms to be joined without me getting around to phoning ahead (thanks). All was clean and tidy.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Deborah M, General Manager at Best Western Appleby Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted that we delivered to the standards we aspire too and that you enjoyed your stay.
We hope to see you again in the future when you next have a family gathering in the area.

Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights, ate in the restaurant twice and waited over an hour for food when there was only a couple of other people dining.

The housekeeper had left my window open and I came back to a room full of bugs! (Only 9 but it felt a lot).

The rooms could really do with a bit of a makeover or at least a good clean!! Thick dust on the carpet, dirty marks on the sofa and curtains, debris on the floors in the room and bathroom.

Wi-Fi wasn't working in the rooms and very tempramental in the reception area.

I felt this hotel was very overpriced for what it offered and I will be recommending it to be removed from our companies 'hotels of choice' list.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for taking the time to right your review. It is always disappointing to read that we as a team have not delivered to the standards we normally aspire to. It is more disappointing when our guests have issues and wait until they leave before making us aware of the shortfalls. Again thank you for taking the time to to write your review

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Stayed here for three nights on business as usual hotel wasn’t available. Arrived at the hotel and told my bedroom consisted of a single bed, not particularly happy but what can you do when they’re fully booked. Also told breakfast would be an extra charge, and would only be served from 0700-0930. Now I need to be on the road early, so 0700 is no good for me, so I declined. A colleague ate breakfast and mentioned it was poor, and was not worth the £8.50 per morning.
The room was hideous, definitely needed decorating, it was something your great grandma would have in their house. The bathroom was small and you couldn’t relax in the bath because the bathtub was so small. I had to wash the bath out before I could even use it, as it had head hair and what looked like leg shavings in the bottom. I also had a shower, and the water would automatically go really hot - to the point of boiling - to really cold. The shower head was very low too, and at 5"7, was at my head height, so I had to bend my knees to shower underneath it. The hairdryer was absolutely useless, no heat and no power to it. The WiFi wasn’t great either, and staying on business, meant I didn’t get much work done. The room was absolutely freezing, and when I went to turn the heater on, it was covered in dust and filth. The window didn’t lock properly and you could hear everything going on in the neighbours bedroom - next door and upstairs! The mattress was springy and soft, and was very uncomfortable to sleep on.
The restaurant was very slow service, even though there were only a handful of people in, it still took over an hour for a main meal, and a further hour for dessert. The food was tasteless and the service wasn't great.
Avoid like the plague!!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I would like to make you aware the single room was booked without breakfast and we clearly advertise express breakfast at reception from 6am. I have taken the time to look through our duty managers book and non of these issues were bought to our attention throughout your stay. If you had taken the time to speak with our Duty Manager i am sure some of the above would have been attended to. We always encourage our guests to speak to a manager if any part of their stay is not to their satisfaction. Again thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

I spent the night in Appleby Park, the staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Very happy overall. I enjoyed a 3 course evening meal there and everything was just delicious. Compliments to the Chef!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive comments from our guests. I will personally pass on your feedback to the team and i do hope you visit us again in the future when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We stopped off for one night on our way to London .Hotel was clean ,staff were very friendly, bed was comfy the downside was no hot water in our room and only one towel between us breakfast was lovely it was cooked to perfection it also had sky sports and BT sports in the communal area I would recommend this hotel it’s just a shame there was no hot water because otherwise it was perfect for a budget hotel .

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple