All reviews venison burger loch view bar area cullen skink evening meal a bit tired beautiful location single room fantastic views three star stayed for one night the main road warm welcome balcony dog chef banks
Reviewed 15 January 2017

First time a way in a hotel with our dog. Staff were great setting out our breakfast off the dining room to allow us to have our dog with us. The food on both nights was terrific. Superb sauce on the beef stew and the chicken. Cooked breakfast fresh and hot. I loved the scrambled egg with their own smoked salmon pieces. Our balcony room had a view to die for and with the sun shining through the patio doors, bouncing of the loch and the hills, covered in snow - it was a little piece of heaven. Clean and tidy, superb king size comfortable bed-couldn't do enough for us. Cannot compliment the staff enough. So pleasant. I will stop by in the summer for a lunch on the patio for more of that view and the little beach is great for dog walking. Thanks for a lovely 2 days away from the world

Room Tip: Choose a superior balcony room with a view
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I like this hotel. Great location. The decor is a little dated but I've stayed a few times and it's always been clean. There's a nice menu for lunch/dinner. And it's really good value for money. It also boasts lovely views over the Loch.

Would recommend it if you're looking for a casual stay and food in the Glen Coe area.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

Here on a wee deal. Two night stay with breakfast and dinner on first night. Had great first impression of staff when I called to book who arranged Loch view room

The Good
View
Staff
Location
Room size
Quality and price of bottle of wine
Cleanliness
Proper toaster at breakfast. Not one of these things that just 'heat's the bread

The OK
Dinner 1st night- nice, not much choice
Had soup 2nd night as had big lunch elsewhere during day. Big portion

Not So Good
Hotel 'tired'. Much of this adds to charm. OK with the worn carpets, peeling wallpaper etc. Not so ok with the chipped dinner plates
Breakfast - first morning had the cooked breakfast. Very greasy and bacon etc bit hard. We were down near end of breakfast time so might be better earlier. Eggs freshly cooked and good. 2nd day I had scrambled eggs and home smoked salmon. Not what I expected. Scrambled eggs over cooked and the salmon was in chunks and cooked. Cereal - jars not ideal. No hygienic way of putting this into bowl, not keen to think how many hands have touched contents while trying to stop it from pouring out
Room wasn't serviced...had to ask for clean towels and ran out of toilet roll
Door to balcony doesn't lock

Verdict
Good deal, view great and staff nice...would recommend it as long as you aren't expecting 5 star experience

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

This was a real taste of Scotland for us. A beautiful "olde world" Highland hotel.
We had travelled back from Kilchoan and after a long drive needed a comfortable place to stay which would welcome our pet Dog.
And welcome we all were, we met the boss, his dog Bracken, the Chef and a very helpful lady who was serving at the bar and helping with restaurant duties.
The drinks were great value and the food was excellent for the money.
I can honestly say I enjoyed my stay here much more than a recent stay I had in November at the 5 star Grosvenor House in Park Lane, central London at 10 times the cost !!
Take no notice of the whingers that have reviewed it poorly, they need to take note of what the point of an "olde Highland Hotel" is and what the costs are !!
We ended up having an extra night here so we could see more of the beautiful views and enjoy another great night in the restaurant.
See you again soon. . . . .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Jonathan O
Reviewed 17 December 2016

I booked this with 5pm.co.uk and it was a very good deal indeed. We were lucky enough to have a superior room with a balcony and a view over Loch Linnhe. We arrived just in time to see a beautiful sunset as we had a wee walk along the loch side. The room was cosy, comfortable and clean, the only downside was it was looking a little bit tired, but that didn't spoil it.
The 2 course dinner on one night was included in the deal, the food was tasty and the portions generous. Same goes for breakfast which we had on both days.
All staff were polite, friendly and efficient. Would love to go back in the summer time.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple