Reviews (1 205)
1 205 results
All reviewsspa treatmentsliving socialhunting lodgesteam roomspa dealwowcher dealposter roomquirky hotellovely spalots of characteroriginal featuresstaff were lovelyovernight staywedding receptionlounge areastables barrelaxing break
63 - 68 of 1 205 reviews
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from an overnight stay here. This is our 3rd stay. We had use of the spa and had a treatment. Beautiful weather and grounds to have a nice cold beer. Back and shoulder massage was lovely and spa staff very friendly. Evening meal was nice slightly on the cold side but still edible. We stayed in a superior room which was nice and spacious but it was far too hot, heating was blasting and no way to turn it off. We borrowed a fan from our friends in another room but too noisy to sleep with on. Bed comfy however too small for us as were used to super king size at home. Breakfast in the morning for us was a full english. Service was terrible, no mannors from the waitress could not even talk nicely or smile, this really was a huge let down.
I informed reception staff of this who apologised on her behalf but it would unforturatly make me think again about returning.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gkljohnson
Glen Hunter F, Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

I am pleased to read you were able to enjoy a nice cold beer in our beautiful hotel grounds during your recent stay with us.

I was disappointed to hear your comments regarding the warmth of service at breakfast today. Although I was on duty I was called away at the time so was unable to speak with you in person. Please be assured as the waitress involved is only young and relatively new to the hotel team, I have since had a discussion with her to provide extra training & guidance.

I am confident that should you return for another stay you would receive our usual high standard of service.

I am only sorry you did not receive it on this occasion please feel free to email me directly should you wish to provide any other feedback.

Kind Regards Glen Hunter Fitzgerald |glen@manorhousehotel.net

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for a Freinds wedding and what a lovely setting and building.The hotel is old and as such you will find a little dust... however this does not make it unclean.!! it is bursting with character and the staff are obviously working hard to improve the hotel. Beds were lovely and clean and very comfortable.

Customer service was second to none and the general manager was an absouloute diamond the passion he feels for the place genuinely shows though.

If you want souless stay at a premier inn..this hotel is not perfect but that is the character and soul of it.

Breakfast was excellent with good service.

Spa is a little tiered but for the price it is clean and excellent value for money.. remember ypu get what ypu pay for.

We had a lovely stay and were made to feel so welcome will definitely return.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read your high rating regarding our customer service levels,.... Our team work very hard to ensure our guests receive the warmest & friendliest of service levels. Your comments are highly appreciated by all the team so thank you for taking the time to post these kind words.

its brilliant to read you had a comfortable stay & will be returning for another - We all look forward to welcoming you

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple of times, with a similar experience both times (six months apart)

Pros - a really lovely old building and a good spa facility make this a good location; individual staff are very friendly and welcoming; proximity to Durham, ruby castle, high force etc make this a good base to explore this area

Cons - meal service (dinner and breakfast) can have a varied customer experience. I have been there when everything runs like clockwork and the meal is a pleasure; I have also been there when the staff are less organised and open to lapses in attention that is not in keeping with the positioning of the hotel (I.e. luxury spa). This is not down to the individual members of staff, all of whom are very welcoming, but rather their orders around how to zone a restaurant and ensure consistency of attention to all customers.

All in all, this is potentially a nice spa hotel, but one that can let itself down through lapses that have simple fixes

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Glen Hunter F, Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for posting a review regarding your previous experiences.

I am pleased to read you found all staff to be welcoming - your feedback regarding organization and consistency will be used to provide extra training. If you have an other feedback your correspondence would be kindly accepted.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Great spa stay! staff and management team were very courteous and helpful especially Glen, Food and faculties were fantastic! Rooms were very clean bedding and towels spotless! Thank you to all staff .. from Sheila, Olive,Margaret and Kyrah

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bliss1

Ladies it was a pleasure to welcome you all to the Manor House, all of our team in the hotel & spa greatly appreciate your kind review & are pleased to read you had an enjoyable spa break.

We hope you will return for another stay soon.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a fabulous Wedding day/night at the Manor House, room was lovely even though I only used it to get changed. Staff and management team did a great job on the wedding. Unfortunately one of my friends had a fall and I ended up staying in A&E all night so never got chance to rate sleep and breakfast. However the night porter and duty manager were both excellent. We did have lunch here as well and the food was excellent. Hopefully I can return at a later date to sample the spa etc.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Garyk69_12
Glen Hunter F, Manager at The Manor House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for providing a review of your experience at the hotel. The wedding ceremony & evening celebrations were brilliant & the staff were pleased to have the extra help of the Singing Waiters.

Both myself & the night porter were very concerned about your friends comfort, it was a shame you never got the chance to stay overnight but your assistance was greatly appreciated.

I hope you will pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery & hope you can return for a future stay in the future.