All reviews afternoon tea wedding anniversary lovely hotel main restaurant special occasion food was amazing sunday lunch superior room open fire from start to finish staff were attentive function room my mum cooked breakfast attention to detail member of staff high standard
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Management, Front-Desk, Service - all very helpfull, kind and make you like beeing at home.
Rooms are very quiet and very clean.
The "Lakes Restaurant" offers very good food in a nice surrounding.

Das Management, die Empfangscrew und der Service sind sehr hilfsbereit, freundliche und man fühlt sich sofort wie Zu Hause.
Die Zimmer sind sehr ruhig und shr sauber.
Das Restaurant serviert sehr gutes Essen in einer angenehmen Umgehbung.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2018

The hotel is small but tastefully furnished (the last 2 bedrooms are being upgraded).

The staff are polite and friendly and nothing is too much for them.

The breakfast is really good (no buffet style) although the menu in the main restaurant and brasserie are limited - the food is very good.

I am on business and have been in the hotel for 3 weeks

Room tip: All rooms are now refurbished, so real difference apart from size.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Great night but completely let down by the food would not go again. Menu stated sweet potato tart goats cheese mash and a fricassee of vegetables what I got was runny tart with not a sweet potato in sight .Boiled potatoes and boiled vegetables. They did give me a £ 10 voucher
Pretty much what the meal was worth unfortunately I paid £49

Trip type: Travelled with friends
hempsteadhouse, Owner at Hempstead House Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

We received a complaint on the evening from this guest about the flan she was served for her main course being burnt. Although this was not the case, our Head Chef still prepared another one which is the one shown on her post. The original flan was made with a tomato based pastry is tomato and was not burnt. It was served with a goats cheese potato cake and a selection of vegetables. Unfortunately I am unable to post a picture of this on my response as it is not permitted. It was one of 7 flans we served that evening without any other complaints. The cost of the evening was £49.00 which includes a three course dinner, coffee and petit fours and the Murder Mystery entertainment.

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Just got back from a 1 night stay & will definitely go back.

Booked a standard room, nice furnishings & very clean. Bed very comfy & large bathroom with shower & 2 sinks. Plenty of tea, coffee & some hot chocolate & biscuits. The room has everything you’d need, iron & board, fan & towels & robes.
The tv took a bit of getting used to as you talk to it to turn the volume down! Good size though.

I mainly went for the spa & it didn’t disappoint. Great changing rooms with towels, toiletries, hair dryer & straighteners. Even a little box with extra products & combs should you (like me) not bring a brush down!

The pool is a nice size, there’s also a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi & another warm bubble pool. It was quite quiet in the evening & plenty of seats & some loungers. Really nice area, I stayed a few hours. You can also order drinks to have poolside (I didn’t though). Guests can use the spa facilities until 5pm on day of check out too. Had a treatment upstairs & it was very good.

I’d eaten before arriving so didn’t eat dinner at the hotel. I did get a drink from the bar by reception, standard hotel prices I thought.

Breakfast was lovely, tables labelled by room numbers clearly. Good choice of continental & cooked. Friendly staff on hand with coffee & toast.

The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing at first, but there was always a member of staff around to show you where to go. All staff I saw were really friendly & helpful & asking if you need anything.

I’ll definitely return, so nice to find a really good independent hotel

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 October 2018

My new husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel this weekend after our parents treated us to a two night stay post wedding madness on Saturday night. Everything about this hotel was simply amazing!

I must start with the staff - they were so warm and friendly and just could not do enough for us. From the fantastic night porter who checked us in around 1am Sunday morning and kindly made us sandwiches to the beautiful young lady who kindly helped me out of my wedding dress after my husband had passed out drunk! The lovely ladies on the spa/lunch restaurant recepton through to the three young lovely people who served us dinner last night. I really cannot commend the customer service enough!

The bedroom itself was absolutely beautiful - room 16! The bed was huge, comfy and perfect for some well deserved rest. The room was spotless, decorated to a high standard and the big jacuzzi bath was amazing!

The food for breakfast, lunch and dinner were absolutely delicious in both restaurants.

I really could go on forever in my review but to cut a long story short, you will not be disappointed! Thank you to all the hotel staff once again for really making it a special weekend. Mr and Mrs Mason.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple