Reviews (1 535)
1 535 results
All reviews birmingham airport bar and grill park and fly lovely hotel motorcycle museum flying from birmingham an early flight superior room large tv trouser press warwick castle taxi service reception staff car parking plenty of parking stayed here for one night buffet style
52 - 57 of 1 535 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel is nice however the restaurant/food offering is very poor. A picture is worth a thousand words (see attached). This was the Thai green curry on the room service menu. Inedible. See how dirty the tray is too!

I was offered a free meal as Marco Pierre White is unable to cook a steak. My first was burnt. My second was blue. By the time I had returned the second, my colleagues had finished eating. It seemed I wasn’t the only one having trouble with Marco’s cooking. It’s a shame he didn’t come out of the kitchen but I guess he was too busy posing for photographs, many of which adorn the walls of the restaurant (ps. I know he isn’t really based in the hotel).

I didn’t feel that this food gaff was handled well at all and would not return.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank bridge2008
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Had a very pleasant overnight stay here and the reason for this review is that we had fabulous customer service. From the moment that we checked in to when we left the staff where friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I had booked the wrong room and didn’t realise until we got to the room went back to reception and it was no problem at all changed within 5 minutes. The next morning we went for breakfast and they had run out of bacon Robert the Chef was so apologetic about the wait and really helpful, his customer service was fantastic. On the whole I would definitely make a return trip. Can’t wait for next years Garden and Food show.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018

This hotel is very comfortable and has easy access to the NEC (taxi will be between £10-£15). You could get the bus and then a train but much easier to taxi. The hotel has recently had a makeover of the dining facilities which look much nicer than before, but the restaurant was pretty empty when we stayed there so we chose to eat at the inn along the road. The rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are clean and fairly modern. The only criticism is that the rooms are far too hot! Very friendly and helpful staff - would definitely stay there again

Room Tip: Good value for a nice hotel near the NEC
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly, and in the interest of balance, I should say the hotel itself is nice. The bar and restaurant at least have been recently refurbished.

The appalling rating is due to 2 main issues:
1) The main issue: The receptionist lady I spoke to at 9pm on Tues 19th June, provided the worst customer service I have experienced in my 38 years and many dozens of hotel stays... The details are unimportant - suffice to say she was darn rude, and even refused to provide me with her name! Hmmm I wonder why... I do hope the calls are recorded.

2) The staff in the bar and in the restaurant are about 18 or 20 years old. In both locations I ordered a drink not on the menu (vodka martini - it only has 2 ingredients!). In the bar, the young lad was fine and admitted he had no idea what it was. Fine; I'll have a beer then please. In the restaurant, they just looked confused and brought out something completely different. The waiting staff were lovely and just inexperienced, so I didn't want to complain so just drank it. The point is, that if you're going to pitch yourself as a nicer-than-average Marco Pierre White dining venue, best to employ staff that can support that pitch.

So in summary, nice place (downstairs at least), with decent restaurant but atrocious reception staff and inexperienced waiting staff. The room itself was ok/average.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Peter P
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

It is very rare to find such exceptional customer service as we have just experienced at the Manor Hotel Meriden. A truly 5-Star experience!

Unhesitatingly, the hotel honoured a 5-year old conmitment after a previous visit was curtailed. In the meantime, and unknown to us, the hotel had undergone a significant refurbishment. And what a transformation! Sympathetically re-modelled in a contmepoary style, the understated elegance of the reception area, foyer and restaurant is now equal to that found in many of the UK’s top hotels. Simply superb!

But the thing that makes the Manor Hotel stand out is the warm but professional and courteous wlecome and service the staff offer to their guests. Our room was immaculately prepared, wonderfully peaceful and had a lovely view over the beautiful front lawns of the hotel. It was hard to believe that we were just a 10 minute drive from the airport!

The breakfast in the Marco Pierre-White Restaurant was superbly prepared, with courteous, prompt and helpful service from all the restaurant staff. The decor sinply oozed quality, as did the stylish, contemporary dining furniture and the immaculate linen table cloths and napkins. It was the perfect start to a wondeful weekend and our only regret was that we couldn’t stay for more than one night!

A special thank you to Julie for ‘making it happen’ and to Kay for making everything so special. We can’t wait to come back!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple