“Funny train”

Explorando Supramonte
More attraction details
Owner description: Guides and services for hiking in Baunei and the whole Sardinia: hikes to the famous Cala Goloritze or Cala Mariolu, Selvaggio Blu, shuttle service for hikers, environmental education for your kids...nature in Sardinia, at best!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Thanks 4 this intetesting and picturesque trip into the life of ogliastra'people. MARIO is an excellent driver :D

All reviews
"guide"
"trip"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Selvaggio Blu deserves all the superlatives; this is one of the best treks I’ve ever done. The views are unreal and with some of the best beaches I’ve seen in my life! (That is saying a lot because I am from Hawaii, where we also have beautiful beaches.) I would not do this alone; it is a tough trek— technical parts (great variety of hiking, via ferrata, and rappelling), no drinking water along the way, and plenty of ways to get lost in the mountains. Explorando Supramonte is very professional and the trip ran like clockwork; I felt safe and very well fed the whole time. I enjoyed trying food typical of the region (like the fregola and the little tomatoes and the mirto). I really liked my group as well. Thanks to Manuela and Claudio for helping me find a group to join! And thanks to our wonderful knowledgeable guides Sandro, Marco, and especially Stefano for being super awesome. I was the only American in a group of (very nice) Italians and, since I don’t speak any Italian, I really appreciated Stefano for translating and explaining things to me! He was very kind. I would 100% do this again! Thank you Explorando Supramonte for the fantastic memories and for helping me check off a superb hike from my bucketlist :-).

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I heard about Explorando Supramonte from a friend of mine. He recommended the company, as I was looking for someone supporting us during our tour along Selvaggio Blu.
Manuela and Claudia together with Mario, Nicola and the rest of the team are very professional! One can tell, these people are experienced and love their job. Having some experience in logistics for tourists myself, I know a little bit about it. I can reasure you: it is a trustworthy company and they are all trying their best to make your trip along selvaggio blu a successfull and enjoyable trip! Don't be too ambitious to try to tackle selvaggio blu unsupported! In the end, you want to enjoy your time and you want to be travelling safe, too. Taking on some or full support, it will enable you to be successful and you will have a good time on top! Do your homework! Prepare properly! Take on advice!
Explorando suppramonte will offer you advice and support. The mountains of Baunei, "the suppramonte" are their home, they really know what they are doing. Of cause, their service involves extra costs at a considerable Price. Yet if you look closer, what kind of hardweare (Boats, Landrover etc) and also time is involved, together with their expertise, you will realize, it is fully worth it.
We just came back from Selvaggio blu and we are full of positive impressions. However, we also realized, how different people experience Selvaggio blu due to various reasons (physical constitutions, mountaineering abilities, equipment, preperation, supported vs unsupported etc...) Manuela, Claudio, Mario and Nicola made a big difference on our trip! And we didn't want to miss it. At the end, we all live once and you don't have to make things more extreme than they actually are...
Thanks to explorando suppramonte, we had a wonderful time!

1  Thank BreitfeldLorenz
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Regardless of your experience you need support - especially considering water. Explorado Supramonte will get you water, food, they will find if you get lost (very likely) will get you to the hospital if needed... They are flexible, will take care of everything. And they speak english :-)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction