“Excellent above average pub food and gret service”

Cobbies Bar and Kitch Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Tayport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Having visited this inn a number of time a couple of years ago as I was passing nearby decided to call in and have lunch. I wasn't disappointed. Alex and Sean were the same young couple who have been running the food side of the business for 5 year.
Always friendly and very good food from a fairly large selection. Good starters, mains and sweets. Had the creamy peppercorn chicken, excellent, followed by their own sticky toffee pudding and ice cream. Plenty interesting little things to amuse you while waiting and good toys for kids. Very welcoming to families. Don,t be put off by entering through the small bar which can be busy if there is football on. The staff at the bar and the kitchen and tables could not be more friendly or helpful. Always leave looking forward to the next time. TV in the restaurant area plays photos of Tayport through the years.

3  Thank ihmcalpine

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Eight of us met for a joint birthday lunch. Everything was perfect; great choice, cheery service and delicious meals,served in a quirky and interesting way. Desserts to die for too! Alex and Sean have got it spot-on. Tasty and imaginative vegan and veggie options too. ❤️

1  Thank magswatt
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times now when visiting friends who live in the area and I'm never disappointed, I raved about the steak pie that much to my son after my last visit, that he made sure I took him there this time so he could see what all the fuss was about, he loved it so much, we went twice within 3 days. Love everything from the decor, the little games on the tables to the quirky ways in which the food is presented, the staff are lovely and friendly and always go out of their way to make you feel welcome, the only downside is that the food is so good I never have room to fit in a dessert, but will definitely be back on my next visit to try

2  Thank Lynne_russell
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I had seen good reviews on Tripadvisor so I had high expectations and was not disappointed. Its a rather unimposing building and fairly average in the inside but we were made very welcome by the lady host. There were 6 of us plus a baby and the lady was very helpful in finding a seat and organising the tables to fit in the pram.
The choices of food was quite extensive for such a smallish place and I think we all had different choices of starters and main courses. They were all beautifully presented, cooked superbly and very tasty. We all had drinks and I was very surprised when the bill came. I thought that they had miscalculated in our favour but the total was correct - it was very good value, I was very impressed and will be returning - pity it was so far from my home.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Can’t recommend this place enough. Excellent food, great service and a welcoming atmosphere! Never fails to satisfy!

1  Thank joannenicoll83