“Decorated Shop”
Review of Thankas and Gifts

Thankas and Gifts
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in McLeod Ganj
Reviewed 12 May 2016

Yes, it was a beautiful experience shopping at Thankas and Gifts! Visit there and give your valuable feedback. Truly speechless.

1  Thank bloomingflowerz15
in 3 reviews
"ganj"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 8 May 2016 via mobile

This is the first shop we went in after arriving in Dharamsala. The atmosphere in the shop was wonderful and one could tell that thought was used in the decor. Marleen (European owner) is a lovely person and whether you buy something or not she will delight in talking to you (not as a customer but as a person). She has lived here for over a decade so she has lots information available for the asking. It's worth a visit to see her wares or just meet a good person. It's a small place and easy to miss, so keep your eye open.

2  Thank LonewolfMark
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is by far the best place in Mcleodganj for Thanka paintings. The paintings are no doubt little expensive but its worth once you get to know the pain that goes in the making of thankas, you will find worth it. The owner os this shop is a great person with deep knowledge of the stuff he is selling. Great place.

6  Thank 007_Gaurav
Reviewed 2 March 2015

We absolutely loved our experience shopping at Thankas and Gifts! It was such a pleasure meeting Marleen! Her knowledge of the deities and Guru's is well-rounded, and her collection of Thankas and other items was beautiful and so tasteful! She explained the inner meaning of everything with so much love and devotion, we couldn't be happier that we found her store! We all absolutely LOVE our thankas, and still remember what a divine experience it was to meet her and be in her store. Would DEFINITELY recommend going to her to buy your Thankas!

2  Thank Nanita04
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I really love going to see Marleen as she gives always good advice and explanations about Thankas. She can also send the goods which can be helpful when you travel. I like also buying some other gifts for my friends ( and myself ) like incenses, mala ( I have a very nice one which is a bangle and I wear it every day ! ) I also bought small gifts as small perfumes and my friends are very happy with them. I highly recommend Marleen ‘shop as the top shop of Mac Leod Ganj !

2  Thank Oxeant