“Excellent Place”
Review of Thankas and Gifts

Thankas and Gifts
Ranked #1 of 4 Shopping in McLeod Ganj
Reviewed 12 November 2015

This is by far the best place in Mcleodganj for Thanka paintings. The paintings are no doubt little expensive but its worth once you get to know the pain that goes in the making of thankas, you will find worth it. The owner os this shop is a great person with deep knowledge of the stuff he is selling. Great place.

6  Thank 007_Gaurav

Reviewed 2 March 2015

We absolutely loved our experience shopping at Thankas and Gifts! It was such a pleasure meeting Marleen! Her knowledge of the deities and Guru's is well-rounded, and her collection of Thankas and other items was beautiful and so tasteful! She explained the inner meaning of everything with so much love and devotion, we couldn't be happier that we found her store! We all absolutely LOVE our thankas, and still remember what a divine experience it was to meet her and be in her store. Would DEFINITELY recommend going to her to buy your Thankas!

2  Thank Nanita04
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I really love going to see Marleen as she gives always good advice and explanations about Thankas. She can also send the goods which can be helpful when you travel. I like also buying some other gifts for my friends ( and myself ) like incenses, mala ( I have a very nice one which is a bangle and I wear it every day ! ) I also bought small gifts as small perfumes and my friends are very happy with them. I highly recommend Marleen ‘shop as the top shop of Mac Leod Ganj !

2  Thank Oxeant
Reviewed 13 December 2014

Thankas and Gifts is a super charged spiritual environment with gorgeous thankas of high quality. The owner, Marleen, has personal relationships with the monks/artists who create the work and thus a debth of understanding about the work itself. She has a deep understanding about the intent and purpose of the thankas as well as about how to handle and care for them properly maintaining their spiritual intent and supporting the purchaser in benefitting from their spiritual energy. We bought one meditation quality thanka which we absolutely love. We also bought several other smaller items. We love Marleen and would continue to shop with her and have stayed connected... a beautiful experience all around!!!

2  Thank Rachel N
See more reviews
Reviewed 29 November 2014

Unlike some shops that sell thankas this store, and its proprietor are the real thing. Only authentic and correctly painted thankas. You not only have a huge selection of high quality imiages to choose among but you also get sage advice and explanations from Marleen, the store's owner. You never have to wonder whether you have purchased a mediation/practice quality piece and you always get information on the care of your purchase and the practice, history and or meaning of whatever you bought. Packaging is done so well that you never have to be the least bit concerned about getting your treause home safely.
I don't shop anywhere else for my thankas, I highly recommend you chek this store out before you buy anything anywhere else in Dharamsala!!

2  Thank jenschaeff