Open today: 08:00 - 19:00
Review Highlights
Great service and knowledgeable

This is the only place that took in discovery divers. Our dive instructors are Cynthia and Jose... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
lamvdoan
Chicago, Illinois
via mobile
Best dive center in Catalina

The time I spent at scuba coil as a volunteer seemed to have passed in a second such I enjoyed my... read more

Reviewed 4 December 2018
AlineH575

All reviews the owner dive sites fish dive shop dive master day trip ranger station strong currents diving experience sea horses marine life answered all our questions teenage children boat crew great diving various types whale sharks
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

First of all. Isla Coiba is definitely a must, a lot to see in the water, small and big stuff, tones of fish, sharks and dolphins if you’re lucky :) but due to strong currents and sea conditions I can only recommend it to advanced divers with more than 25 dives otherwise you won’t enjoy it or you might ruin the dive of the more advanced divers.

For the dive shop. I cannot compare it with others in Santa Catalina but I can compare it with the 13 other ones I’ve been to around the world. This was one of the worst. The dive shop is dirty. The staff was ok, but it took 1.5h to get ready on the first day... loss of time. Plus, when getting there we learnt we wouldn’t be able to do 3 dives because they were missing tanks because part of the staff and other guests were on a safari leaving us with the only option of doing 2 dives that day. We asked prior to coming and they had confirmed by email (you pay 130$ for 2 but 25$ for the 3rd dive so its worth doing 3). Lack of organization, they should have borrowed from other dive shops, accepted less divers or figure out to have enough... The material condition was poor and not enough options. Most of the suits and boots had holes and they only had 1 option for smaller sizes. Once getting to the spot on our second day, out of 5 people, 2 of them had air leaks, and they didn’t bring extra material (having to do 1h by boat to reach coiba island they should always plan for this. Basics) so I had to switch my gear with the master and wear a suit much bigger than my size and my tank would hit my head during my dives. They also didn’t take the right equipment for my boyfriend on our second day they mixed his name with someone else so He also had to wear a bigger size... they could have checked this before leaving, basic stuff. The boat also left the shore without life vests until we told them we wanted them and we had to go back to get them. Basic again. The staff was nice, during the dives it went mostly fine but they don’t control safety stop enough and some people went to the surface too quickly a few times. Good communication prior to diving but too slow the first day and not prepared enough to go dive in my opinion. Lunch was alright but just a sandwich, juice and water. Going out for 6-7h they should plan fruits or snacks and more than a bottle of water per person. So on my second day, I brought snacks and juices knowing I would dive 3 times. Again, this might be okay for some people or for the area but when I dive I pick dive shops carefully. For the price we pay and being a PADI resort, to me, this place wasn’t good enough.

Date of experience: January 2018
2  Thank Mplove84
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Installations are basic at all centres in the area. We chose Scuba Caribe and did 10 dives around the Coiba area with them and was very pleased with them. Professional and safe. Small groups and personal attention. No hazzle with large groups of different diver levels and snorkel combinations. Be aware of long transfer times to the dive sites (at least one hour) but well worth the trip. We even added an extra day of diving.

Straight forward correspondence with owner prior to arrival. Would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Thank you Scuba Coiba for amazing diving. I was in touch with Scuba Coiba before my arrival to Coiba. They provided me all the information I needed in advance. The trip was great! On the way we saw some dolphins which was nice. We even spotted probably the last whale (end of October) in the distance! The diving was excellent. Our dive master - Ben was well organized, he precisely picked dive spots and made clear briefing. We spotted lot of sharks, turtles, seahorses (even though Ben said he is sea horses blind :) ), moraines and lots of other fish. I felt very secure as I am a begginer diver. My bf was snorkeling and he liked it a lot too! I would give 5 stars for whole organization, dives and approach. Thank you all for nice experince

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Awesome theee days. Herbie and the team are great people. Had a great time, the food and company were wonderful.

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

We booked 2 days diving in coiba island with Scuba coiba. The club staff was great. Specially the diving instructor Mr G an Italian guy. Very helpful and professional. We have excellent diving and We saw amazing places. One of the best place to dive in panama �

Date of experience: July 2017