All reviews main thoroughfare first floor nice hotel balcony jacuzzi lake medellin
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

It's a small hotel, in the heart of Guatape. The manager/front desk clerk is a very helpful and cheerful
Woman. The hotel is spotless, with Wi-fi. Its across the port and has 5 rooms with jacuzzis. Only one catch , hot water available for the first 2. We had hot water the first night , not the second.
The breakfast was great and plentiful. Nice romantic getaway.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I stayed here for one night when visiting Guatape in a room with hot tub and balcony. The room was not fancy but clean and specious. The staff was friendly. The view of the lake from the balcony was OK. The hotel has a great location. Lots of places within walking distance.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 921adriank
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We took a short trip from Medellin to Guatape for the night. Someone on the street recommended Portobelo. We were not disappointed. The facility was very clean, the staff friendly and helpful, and the location was perfect, with a great view of the lake from our balcony. We would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jamiekilleen
Hotel Portobelo G, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Portobelo Guatape, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thanks for your valuable comment to the hotel employees it is a pleasure to attend local, national and foreigners visitors.
we hope to visit us again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My wife & I and another couple stayed here for 3 nights in Superior class rooms with balconies. The rooms are spacious & each has a theme. You can see the various rooms online. The balconies look directly out to the water & the tourist boats for hire. Therein lies the reason for only giving the hotel 4 stars. Across the street from the hotel is someone with a loudspeaker selling boat rides most of the day. If you like to take an afternoon nap as I do, it is very aggravating, even with the patio door closed. At night there is some traffic & music noise but it's at tolerable levels; not enough to disturb my sleep. Rooms that don't face the street wouldn't have the noise.
The hotel is only a couple of blocks from the central park. The staff is very friendly & helpful. One staff member, Doña Nora, speaks passable English.
A complete breakfast is served on their 2nd floor patio & was quite good. The first floor of the building has a number good restaurants. I recommend this hotel as long as you are aware of the possible noise issue. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Dan T
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend this place if you want to stay en guatape and enjoy the town.
I stay in portobelo the hotel is in one of the Main Street and in from of the water from my balcony I can see it all.
very good attention clean and simple no fancy but all what you spect when you travel.
The personal is friendly and Cain they are very happy all the time to see you and give you the best information on a how to get to a restaurant or anything you want to do in town..

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
hotelportobelo, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Portobelo Guatape, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

In the hotel the guests are our reason for being.
we hope your next visit to this wonderful place.