All reviews would stay here again business hotel industrial area many choices nice restaurant friendly service stayed here for one night two nights rotterdam area nice staff large room memory foam visit rotterdam fine hotel easy access fitness room nice swimming pool
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Very comfortable, clean and large room. Fully loaded with amenities. We stayed a week. All associates made us feel very valued. We loved our dining experiences. Fantastic food and many choices. Breakfast buffet was very enjoyable. Superb dining service. Experienced great team spirit throughout the hotel. Our expectations were surpassed. We are very pleased to say it was our home away from home.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Frederik R, General Manager at Carlton Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest

Thank you very much for the given review. I am very pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. The compliments will be shared with our team by me.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Staff were a wee bit strict when requesting for extra toiletries. Not my problem that you guys didn't expect triple occupancy? Next morning, come in for breakfast, mid way through we're told that this isn't the tour-groups breakfast area (no notice before we entered, staff simply took down our room number and circled it). Not many options for breakfast in that tour-group dining area, but fair enough. Did like the decor there however.

2  Thank Shepherd_2018
Frederik R, General Manager at Carlton Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for your review. As I understand not everything was to your satisfaction. I am sorry to hear this. My apologies for this.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel for more than 25 years for 2 different companies I have worked for with sometimes up to 5 colleagues on business

Something has changed in the last year or two and not sure what?

My last experience this week of food quality in the restaurant has been what I can only describe as appalling (see photo) and inedible
I could not cut the steak with the very sharp supplied steak knife and informed the waiter less than a quarter of the way through the meal
I was told the kitchen would be informed
That’s all!!!!
At the end of the main course I was told by the waiter that I was being offered a free desert
I would have had a desert anyway

At no point when I pointed out I could not cut or eat the steak was the offer of changing the main course

After returning to the room I sent a complaint e mail directly to the hotel and was basically told “you accepted a free desert and we thought the matter was closed”
So here is my idea for my or your next visit (I have to stay as it is the company choice of hotel)
Ask what standard of food you will be expected to accept and if they say “poor standard” you can expect a free desert

Or of course they could go back to the usual high standard and you could pay for a desert

This is unusual for this hotel but perhaps the oil revenue has clouded their perception of customer quality

Trip type: Travelled on business
Frederik R, General Manager at Carlton Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear guest,

I am very sorry to hear and read that your experience with the hotel has been very poor during your last visit.
I apologize for this and i hope during your next stays with us we can show you our improvements.
I am sorry that no one seemed to take good care of your complains. This should have been differently. I will discuss this with our team.

I do hope to welcome you next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

We enjoy it very much. Nice staff, fine hotelroom. We made a reservation by their website and they called us to inform that the bikes are reserved for us. Also to use their smartphone is an extra service. We recommend this for everyone who wants to visit voorn-putte by (e)bike.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Frederik R, General Manager at Carlton Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear guest

Thank you very much for your effort to fill out this review. I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay and the use of the bikes with us. A very good way to discover this area. Thanks for sharing this information.

We hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Have stayed in the Carlton on a number of occasions when on business. The rooms are excellent, albeit on this occasion the fan in the bathroom was on all the time - not an issue given the bathroom was well insulated for sound - but seems like a waste of energy! The (free) wi-fi was good and without issue - an essential facility when on business. Given its 4* status, it has lots of facilities - gym, pool etc, and a nice restaurant and pub style bar (albeit the latter was not open in May - too early in the season?).

The food is Bistro style, and although there was plenty of choice (even for someone on a five night stay) and the food well cooked, the menu was a bit disappointing for a 4* hotel - I was looking for a more exciting menu and food presented with a bit more flair. Hey ho, at least the breakfast was better than average. The staff were helpful and friendly, which is always nice to see.

All-in-all a decent hotel, but needs to up its game on the food front....

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Frederik R, General Manager at Carlton Oasis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear guest

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to see that the overall review is very good. I will pass the given compliments on to our team. Your given advice regarding our restaurant and menu will be discussed about with our Head chef and F&B manager.

I do hope to welcome you again in the near future

Kind regards,