“Perfect for a break away from it all”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Blue Yurt

New Kingsize bed
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
New Kingsize bed
The Yurt seen from the pond
The blue Yurt with terrace
The woods just behind the Yurt
View coming down the track
View of Carningli mountain from the track
The woodburner. (sorry can't put right way up!)
The kitchen and shower hut (can't put right way up!)
The Kitchen and shower hut
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Alythia W
“Perfect for a break away from it all”
Reviewed 22 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I stayed in the blue yurt for a weekend, the location was perfect for my requirements, and the wood burner made it cosy and warm. Lots of lovely coastal walks nearby and such a peaceful location. The compost toilet was beautifully crafted and the shower and kitchen facilities so quaint! Thankfully my sat nav got me all the way there as I wouldn't have seen the sign for the turning in the dark as it's small and unlit. Would have been nice if the yurt was lit for ease of finding in the dark (I arrived late in the evening), but I managed, and had a really lovely and much needed break from it all.

Dawn P
Newport, United Kingdom
“Amazing place :)”
Reviewed 1 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

What an amazing place - an utter delight to stay here :)

Took us a while to find the place but it was worth it - stunning location and so tranquil

The yurt is beautiful and very warm, cosy and dry - the bed was soooooooo comfortable so add that to the amazing wood burner and the unkind elements at night just disappeared :)

The decking area is a great place to eat and sit and watch the sunset and all the wildlife go by :)

The kitchen cabin was great and well equipped and the loo cabin contains the grandest composting toilet I have ever seen :)

Would definitely return and recommendation :)

thirdlitt...
Southern Wales, United Kingdom
“Misleading”
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Perhaps our review would have been different had we received a welcome by the owners and a tour around the property to answer any questions that we had, but we didn't get to meet the owners throughout our stay.

We had received very little information about the property from the owner prior to arriving on site and once our money had been taken responses to questions slowed considerably.

The sofa beds could only just accommodate my 5ft 4inch frame, so for anybody who is taller than me a good night sleep maybe tricky.

The photos are misleading, the yurt is cluttered with many additional bits and pieces that have been added - chairs, cushions, tables, blankets. The property was damp overnight and we were unable to find a way to ventilate the property other than to leave the door wide open which would have meant that the place would have filled with flies. Being left without a phone signal we were a little stuck as to how to get hold of the owners, at one point we took a trip to the farm at the bottom of the lane but could find no sign of life.

There is barely any storage space in the kitchen as any additional space has been used with items that appear to have been dumped there.

The site itself is very wet, the ground does not drain quickly and the fire-pit resembled a pond for the whole of our visit.

I assume the water from the taps came from the spring and after a particularly heavy downpour turned a peaty brown colour and remained that way.

Throughout the site building items have been discarded.

It is far from the relaxing back to nature retreat that I was expecting

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
4 Apr 2016
I am sorry you didn't like it, this was a few weeks after opening, so was early days.
This is unique wild camping, not a luxury boutique!
Natalia
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
from
US$108
/ Night
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing