“Not so Great and expensive for what you get”
Review of The Colonial

The Colonial
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Padangbai
Price range: US$28 428 - US$159 197
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our delicious, healthy and family friendly restaurant using local sources. Enjoy your breakfast, lunch or dinner while watching the divers train in our swimming pool. Get yourselves comfortable in lounge chairs, bean bags or restaurant chairs and soak in the relaxed atmosphere of our restaurant. Restaurant guests are welcome to use the swimming pool free of charge.
Reviewed 3 September 2018

We stayed at the OK Diver's resort which is where this restaurant is located. The setting is lovely but the prices are a bit high and they charged us for filtered water (even though it was free in the room) which really annoyed me to no end. Also the food was not very good. My husband got the chicken Caesar salad and it was drowning in dressing, he didn't eat all of it so I gave him half of my burrito, which again was just ok.

Date of visit: August 2018
OKDivers_Resort, Guest Relations Manager at The Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2018

Dear nicole c,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us review.

We are happy that you liked the atmosphere in our hotel and in The Colonial Restaurant. On the other hand, we are very sad to hear from you that you were so disappointed and had such a bad experience with the meals served in our restaurant.

We work really hard to offer the tasty food in our restaurant, so we are sorry to read this. We deeply believe our meals are the best quality and always fresh- made and guests are mostly very satisfied and leave our place with good culinary experience.

We are not completely sure, what you meant by filtered water, however, we are proud that our hotel is eco- friendly and we always provide complimentary water at the room in one bottle, which can be easily refill in our restaurant. There is always a big gallon of water and it's free of charge for our guests.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and we hope, you give us a chance to make a better impression in the future!

All the best,

OK Divers Resort & Spa

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Great place to relax, pool and places to sun bathe, the younge coconuts are great, the burgers are amazing veggie and meat, as well as the feccinne black olive pasta was amazing !!! As well as the cheese cake

Date of visit: July 2018
OKDivers_Resort, Manager at The Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Dear Elin_m3,

we’re so happy you loved the coconuts, burgers, pasta and cheesecake! We can’t wait to have you back at the Colonial to try and be satisfied with the other dishes we have here.

As always, we work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we’re happy to hear we hit the mark for you.
We will keep doing it so we will gain more satisfied customer and smiley faces on our tables :-)
Once again thank you very much for your nice feedback.

Warm Regards,

Colonial Team

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We loved this restaurant- great Cocktails, interesting Indonesian food, fabulous creative desserts and top notch service and surroundings. The chef really knows what he is doing. The Beef Rendang and Banoffee “pie” were our favorites but it was all really good. Great kids choices too.

Dear offwego000,

First of all we would like to say thank you very much for visiting our restaurant :-) We are extremely happy that you enjoy your food and it is such a pleasure for us to know that you appreciate our chef.

Once again thank you very much for your visit and for your breathtaking review. we will look forward to your next visit in the future :-)

With warm regards,
The Colonial Team

Reviewed 12 July 2018

This restaurant is absolutely amazing. The staff speaks really good English so you won't face any language barrier. I had fitness rosemary chicken and I must confess I haven't had better chicken before...absolutely delicious. For dessert we ordered chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and again it was the best brownie I've ever eaten. The bill was 253k rp for two main dishes, two drinks, one brownie and one coffee which is a great price for what we got.

1  Thank cidlos
OKDivers_Resort, Manager at The Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Filip C,

thanks for taking time to write this awesome review! We're thrilled to know that you liked our restaurant, enjoyed the food and were satisfied with our staff and service. We'll be super happy if you visit us again!

All the best,
The Colonial team

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Ive travelled to Padangbai many times over the last 22 years and in recent years Ive been disappointed with the food on offer in this beautiful fishing village. I have to say The Colonial has restored my faith in Indonesian food generally, so much so I ate there both nights of my stay in Padangbai.
The chef is clearly talented and with a perfect fusion and playfulness in his creative dishes the dining experience was sublime.
Ive travelled extensively and food for me is a huge part of travel. My experience at The Colonial made my stay complete and i will certainly be recommending my friends to eat there.

Date of visit: June 2018
OKDivers_Resort, Manager at The Colonial, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hi lisa h,

thank you very much for this nice review, we cannot be more happier! We're so glad that you enjoyed the food in The Colonial and that we made your trip complete ;)
We hope that your friends will get inspired by your recommendation and stop by to have a pleasant lunch or dinner with us.

Best wishes,