Reviews (2 319)
2 319 results
1 135
1 135
All reviews bar downstairs lovely hotel outdoor jacuzzi full body massage thermal suite ivy restaurant steam room relaxation room beautiful grounds relaxing stay dublin city food was lovely afternoon tea bar food stayed for one night couldn't fault following morning
234 - 239 of 2 319 reviews
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We were only here one night, but that night was enjoyable. I forgot my corkscrew, but the staff was kind enough to open my bottle of wine for me. The staff was very friendly. The Irish breakfast was extremely filling. I would have loved to experience the spa, but it was extremely busy, so I recommend booking in advance.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerry L, Operations Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear sharleml7

Thank you for sharing your views after your recent stay here in Dunboyne.
I am pleased that you had an enjoyable start to your stay, with ourselves
Unfortunately our Spa does get booked up quickly so booking in advance would indeed be recommended.
Again, thank you kindly for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Reminded me of a Super 8 motel. Rooms seemed old/tired. Only good thing was the USB ports to charge your phone. Shower head was broken & wouldnt stay upright & bathroom floor was very slick. We had to throw clean towels down to take a shower. Grounds needed work. All in all we were sorely disappointed.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina C

Dear Tina C

Thank you very much for your review relating to your recent stay with us here in Dunboyne.
It was somewhat dissapointing to see that you didn't really enjoy your stay.
The Hotel in its current guise is not much more than a decade old.
I do apologise that the shower in your room would not stay upright and for the discomfort this caused.
I cannot comment too much on a 'Super 8' motel as I am not overly familiar with same.
Also I was surprised with your comments on the grounds as we do have a gardening team every week tending to them and this is even more prevalent at this time of the year as we try and have things looking at their best in the summer months when we have a chance at some good weather.
If you would like to contact me directly on glavin@dunboynecastlehotel.com I would only be too delighted to discuss the issues you have raised further.
Finally , let me once again thank you kindly for all of your feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Ideal venue for conferences .Conference room and Guest rooms were second to none.
Customer Service was of the highest standard. Location and Amenities perfect. The food and service in restaurants were excellent. The quality and service at this hotel is top class and not over expensive compared to hotel in and around centre of Dublin. Would highly recommend and will return.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerry L, Operations Mnager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear 601derekn

Thank you very much for posting a review relating to your recent visit to us here in Dunboyne.
We are indeed proud in what we have to offer on the Conference side of our business and I do thank you for highlighting same.
Thank you for the other positives that you go on to mention and the fact that you would recommend to others.
Once again thank you for all of your feedback.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

My only criticism was the food was of poor quality. Even breakfast was dreadful. Cheap ingredients and little choice. But staff were lovely. Dinner was the same in the ivy restaurant an odd mix and done on the cheap.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear sueF7217NC

Thank you very much for posting a review after your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel.
I was disappointed to read of your comments relating to our food offerings.
Obviously all patrons are entitled to their opinion but I would have to contest the assumption that Breakfast was dreadful.
We have on our buffet the full range of hot food which is replenished regularly with certain hot items available on order. Along with this we have meats, cheeses, juices, range of breads and so on.
Our dinner menu changes 2/3 times a year with our most recent change only after happening 3 weeks ago.
Again everybody is entitled to their opinion regarding content and choice but I would and also on behalf of our heat chef have to clarify that it is in no way done on the cheap.
However, these are your opinions and as such have no contention on that but if you would like to contact myself directly to put more clarity on these comments please do on glavin@dunboynecastlehotel.com
Once again, thank you for your feedback

Reviewed 5 June 2018

Great stay, room was quite large and comfy. Very clean with WiFi and tv. Overall room was great. Also really enjoyed the pool area and outdoor jacuzzi. Spa treatments were very relaxing but girl was abit unprofessional and rude and would deter me from returning.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Sorchx

Thank you for reviewing our property here in Dunboyne after your recent visit.
In the main it was lovely to see your review and the positives you mention.
However what wasn't was your describing of the girl who took you for your treatment in the Spa.
In my capacity within the Hotel I have no tolerance for both rudeness or unprofessional staff.
Please contact myself directly on glavin@dunboynecastlehotel.com as I would very much like to investigate this matter further.
Thank you again for your feedback.