Reviews (2 290)
2 291 results
1 126
1 126
All reviews bar downstairs lovely hotel outdoor jacuzzi full body massage thermal suite ivy restaurant steam room relaxation room beautiful grounds relaxing stay dublin city afternoon tea food was lovely bar food stayed for one night couldn't fault following morning
760 - 765 of 2 291 reviews
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We checked in and we went to our room. When we got to our room it was freezing cold.

I contacted reception who tried to resolve the issue by resetting the system. After another 30 minutes the room was still freezing cold. We complained again to reception who said they would resolve the issue but if they couldnt resolve it we would have no choice but to move room.

We went for dinner in the hotel which was lovely.
Tables on top of each other even thou there was only few of us in restaurant. No privacy.

We were given a complementry glass of presseco as a gesture by reception staff. Unfortunately the glass of presseco was flat and disgusted us.

It was my intention to go out after dinner to Maynooth. We returned to reception after dinner. They stated that they had put a portable heater in room but it was not sufficent according to reception staff. Staff gave us the option of moving room. We had no option but to pack all of our belongings and moved room. We were moved to a different room. After unpacking again we were exhausted.

I emailed management about our complaint but haven't replied to us. Very unsatisfactory.

The spa was adverage. Some of the facilities were not working as well as should be and as described.

3 STAR HOTEL

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 309david
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Dear 309david,

Thank you for taking time to post such a detailed review and I am very sorry that you were left feeling disappointed following your recent visit to Dunboyne Castle Hotel, It is not often that we would underwhelm a guest and for that I sincerely apologise.

It was most unfortunate that due to unforeseen circumstances, there were problems with the heating in your allocated room, as a result we had no option but to move you to another room, we felt that a move to one of our Junior Suites by way of an apology would be more than welcomed.

I understand that you were corresponding with Gerry our Operations Manager who did indeed respond to your email and had offered you another kind gesture for a return visit, however you felt that the gesture offered was not good enough which resulted in this review.

I'm sorry we didn't impress you on this occasion, I feel the gesture offered to you was sufficient for the issues you raised with us.

Thank you again for your review and we hope we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the future and have the opportunity of regaining your confidence in Dunboyne Castle Hotel.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Room: The rooms are nothing special. Hotel information book in room (no 425) was damaged and covered in melted bits of chocolate. Bathroom: Part of shower nozzle to turn on the water was missing, looked very shabby. Shower head needs to de-scaled or replaced.

Soundproofing in the hotel is a joke. I have never heard hotels doors make such a racket. All day and night you could hear doors slamming. On the Friday night I had to call reception to deal with my very noisy hotel neighbours at 2.30am. It was dealt with swiftly by reception but completely annoying but no apology was given then or at check out (other than the 2 bottles of sparkling water that were left outside the bedroom door)

Staff: Staff in bar were very friendly and polite. Can't same the same for the breakfast service. The young lady working on breakfast service was extremely poor. On Saturday morning she said I could take a seat at any 2 seater table. On Sunday morning, it was much busier and the same girl literally pointed to the table I could sit at.

While I was plating my hot breakfast, my table was offered to another party. Luckily a fellow guest informed them it was taken already. Servers didn't asked if I wanted tea or coffee with breakfast. Toast should be brought to table by serving staff rather than guests having to wait to cook their own.

Breakfast: Breakfast food is bland and overly very greasy.

Reception: Check-in/Check-out didn't ask if I needed assistance with baggage. Lobby is lovely but the double doors to the bedrooms are shabby and you could see standards slip. At least there was plenty of car parking for guests.

For the nightly rates this hotel charges for a room, I would expect a much better service and it would very hard to recommend friends to visit this hotel for a weekend break etc.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank NicB388

Dear Nic B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dunboyne Castle Hotel recently and for sharing your feedback.

I'm disappointed to hear that you encountered a number of issues during your stay and would like to apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment that you experienced.

I believe our Operations Manager Gerry has been in contact with you to apologise directly to you for the problems you encountered and offer you some form of a resolution.

I have also been informed by Gerry that you have decided to return to Dunboyne Castle Hotel and give us a second chance to show you a true five star experience that we are known for.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2017

My daughter treated me and her 2 children, aged 5 and 7 to afternoon tea here. I am Coeliac so she had booked it a week ahead. Very busy place and we were sent to the bar I think. The waiter came for our order and we asked for chicken sandwiches for the children with butter. He knew about gluten free meal. He brought pot of tea, cups etc. We then waited 55 minutes for the meal during which we had finished the pot of tea. The chicken sandwiches came with pesto which the children wouldn't eat. My bread wasn't toasted and when I asked him did they not toast it he did offer to take it but after waiting so long didn't feel like waiting longer. When I tried to lift sandwich the bread all fell apart. .I would have thought a 4 or 5 star hotel would know about toasting gluten free bread. Couldn't eat them at all. Altogether it was a very disappointing treat. The waiter did bring us another pot of tea which wasn't very hot. We made our feelings clear when paying for it and also met a gentleman who said he would be in touch with my daughter. Nothing further. Never again

1  Thank jillhill2017

Dear jillhill2017,

Thank you for your review, as you can appreciate I was very concerned that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

It is my understanding that our Operations Manager has had the opportunity to speak with your daughter in detail regarding the issues you experienced.
I very much appreciate you providing us with your own feedback following your stay.

We hope that you will reconsider returning and look forward to welcoming you and your family again in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I have visited for afternoon tea, lunch, dinner and also stayed in the hotel for my sisters wedding. It has to be one of my favourite. So close to Dublin but still private from main roads. The hotel has a sleek, modern yet comfortable look. The food is delicious. The spa is perfect. Couldn't fault it!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Purcinn,

Thank you for your recent review and I am thrilled you decided to return to us here at Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa and had such a wonderful time at your sisters wedding.

I am always surprised at the sheer volume of return guests we get year after year and believe it is a true testament to the quality of our team members and the service we provide.

I am glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay including your dining experience and the overall ambience of the hotel. I am also pleased you managed to enjoy our award winning Seoid Spa during your stay, its definitely well worth the visit.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family and friends back again in the near future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 1 March 2017

good sized clean bedroom, great shower, staff are excellent, especially John Ryan, Fiona and Rachid, super relaxing spa and treatment rooms , only a 5 minute walk from Dunboyne village . great hotel for a relaxing break ,

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ElisabetDiaz, General Manager at Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

Dear john652015,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Dunboyne Castle Hotel, and for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to County Meath.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your room and that you were so pleased with our hotel on all counts. Thank you very much for your wonderful praise, I am very grateful indeed. I am particularly glad that our staff left such an impression and I will be certain to pass on your kind comments to the team.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing stay with us and took the time to enjoy all aspect of the hotel and nearby village. Thank you once again for your wonderful words and description of the hotel. It is greatly appreciated by all of us here.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa again in the future.

Warmest regards,