Reviews (3 198)
3 199 results
All reviews club room leisure facilities spa treatments great facilities lovely hotel enjoyable stay excellent value for money one night stay comfy bed leeds
564 - 569 of 3 199 reviews
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Lovely clean room, well decorated. Great breakfast. Made us of the swimming pool area. Note that there are children's swimming lessons at certain times at the weekend, times are available in room. Enjoyed our stay

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
VLEAndyBarnsdale, General Manager at Village Hotel Leeds North, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Good Morning Sarah G,

Thank you for your five star review. I am delighted you enjoyed the breakfast, bedroom and swimming facilities. I hope you come and visit us again soon.

Kindest Regards

Andy.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I hated this trip. I have stayed in village hotels a lot and by FAR this was the worst! After a long journey I hoped to take a swim - on,y to be told thekeisure centre and indeed the hotel had no towels! I queried this with Joe the manager and he said the hotel had towels but the leisure centre could use them. I returned to my room very annoyed and upset. The room service meal was not good - I mentioned but no one really cared!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2017

On arrival the hotel and it's facilities look great. Reception is unusual to say the least being a square desk with pads. We paid for a club room which includes a tassimo sky TV and access to the health club. The booking also included dinner and breakfast. That is where the possitives stop.

The room is basic with limited furniture. And we discovered that the TV (remember upgrade includes sky) and the phone both didn't work. We went down to reception who asked us to go back. Pack and then call down and they would move us. (Remember the non operating phone).
We were duly moved when we returned to reception to a room at the back of the hotel the furthest possible from reception getting there involved negotiating a flight of stairs that had a broken disabled persons stair lift. my wife has severe arthritis

We then went for dinner. We both had peri peri chicken. The chicken was undercooked on my wife's and the chips overcooked and greasy on the outside and undercooked on the inside. For dessert the driest sticky toffee pudding I have ever had.

Left it without complaint as we just decided not to have dinner there again.

However the restaurant hadn't finished with us.

Went for breakfast. Toaster is a. Typical hotel toaster (warms or burns) but No butter only cheap spread. The scrambled eggs were swimming in some kind of liquid. Whilst the bacon was greasy fatty and underdone. The mushrooms were also swimming in fat. But worst of all the sausages i had were burnt on the outside but raw on the inside (sound familiar). Complaint totally ignored by the same manager who handled my complaint about the room.

The biggest positive is that the bed was comfortable.

Plusses.

Bed.
Pool
Spa

Negatives

Just about everything else.

Oh and don't expect to get a coffee after 7 starbucks was sealed off by then

Room tip: Don't pay for a club room. Just use the crappy restaurant and push for an upgrade in compensation

An honest review.
There were issues that were not addressed. The bathroom extractor fan going off randomly coupled with someone setting the fire alarm at 1am resulted in a poor nights sleep.
On the plus side the breakfast was good & offered a variety of choices.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We had family business nearby and needed somewhere convenient, clean and near the airport. This hotel ticked all the boxes and will stay there again. Staff were helpful and friendly and the night manager was particularly helpful and accommodating to our needs.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Y7290RTdavidm,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and it hit your expectations. I hope you come again soon.

Kind regards,