Gulabin Lodge Hostel(Spittal of Glenshee)(Great Value!)
US$72
Agoda.com
Bridge of Cally Hotel(Bridge of Cally)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$126
US$122
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$217
US$197
  • Free Breakfast
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$240/night.

The Pitlochry Hydro Hotel(Pitlochry)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$159
US$132
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$271
US$258
Birchwood(Pitlochry)
US$186
Agoda.com
  • Free Breakfast
All reviewsfour posterhole golf courseplay golfbeautiful locationcourse dinnerpublic roomslog firedining roomwine listlounge arealovely touchafternoon teastayed here for one nightsalmonfull scottish breakfastwarm welcomeboth nights
Reviewed 14 February 2018

We have just stayed at the hotel for the second time & it hasn't disappointed us! We had the most amazing snow for skiing with azure blue skies! The food was as good as we remembered & the atmosphere was really lovely , a huge thanks go to the marvellous staff & owner who made us & our beloved dog very very welcome! We can't wait to return !

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fiona B
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I would like to report a very very unpleasant situation (the only one in my whole life) during my tour of Scotland last December. A friend and I decided to celebrate the New Year’s Eve in Scotland, after contact Celtic Castles and confirm that we could spend that night in a castle. The Dalmunzie Castle.
Everything was booked and confirmed until the day we arrived, 31st December at 4 pm.
After several contacts with some Celtic Castles, I made the confirmation and payment for the Dalmunzie Castle the 25th September 2017. The last email we received from the castle was on the December 7th, for the menu and activities for these holidays.
We had no contact with the castle until the day we arrived, on December 31st at 4:00 p.m. We spend all 31st December driving from Tain and the first thing was with the reception desk, Ms. Libby, who told us there had been a mistake on the reservations and they had no room for us. She told me also that she tried to contact me and sent me an email the day before to let me know about the situation.
It was then, when I opened my email, with the Dalmunzie Castle Wi-Fi, and realize that the only call I could not answer last day was from the castle. They only call us once.
We asked to speak to the person in charge of the castle and we were told it would only arrive at 6 p.m. Then the receptionist put us on the phone with the owner. I could not understand anything that she was trying to explain to me and I asked again to speak to the owner in person.
A few minutes after the person who was not supposed to be there was finally ready to talk to us in person. The explanation that was given to us was “that there had been an error in the informatics system” and that they could not lodge us that night at the castle, and they would give us back the money and we would try to find some place to spend that night”. We were stunned with the situation.
After asking the complaints book several times - The book she bring us to do a complaint was a work schedule and a guest book from 1992, aside from having hidden the current guestbook - the suggestions offered by the owner were always changing for better. We decline everything. Most of the places to spend the night were not definitely in our travel plan. We drove all day and just wanted to rest, take a shower and enjoy the beautiful place.
The argument took almost three hours. After all this and finally, one of the customers who had just arrived at 6:30 pm, agreed to move her own children to the same room of parents and at last we could have a room.
THE WORSE - The owner explain our complaint to “Celtic Castles” saying that we did not like the room that she not had to us.
THE WORST OF ALL – That night the owner made a reservation at another luxury hotel and USED MY PERSONAL DATA, INCLUDING MY DEBIT CARD, WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION. I realized only when I returned to Portugal on the 3rd January and consulted my bank account, which had 500 £ less. Only at January 18th they gave me back all the money, but I'm still waiting for the new debit card given from my bank.
My friend and I, we are travellers, we love meeting new people and new places, we just want to spend a good time and we never got any problem for not liking the room or place we've booked, and less in a luxury castle.

Stayed: December 2017
5  Thank anamarsilvfra2016
Dalmunzie C, General Manager at Dalmunzie Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear Anna
Thank You for your very interesting review . We still have the fond memory of taking your and your friend smiling photos with the DJ on the New Year Eve / with the local bag piper in the morning breakfast on the next morning and the happy handshakes to bid Good bey . There are always 2 sides to every story.
Kindly Regards
Dalmunzie Front of House Team

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We were a group of 6 with a dog and after walking around the local area, we dropped by at the Hotel in the hope there would be refreshments on offer (more the alcoholic variety to be fair!).
On arrival the receptionist very politely informed me that the hotel bar was only open to hotel guests but as we had paid a visit she offered a drink so it wasn't a wasted journey.
Fortunately other hotel guests started using the facilities and the receptionist informed us we could have another drink, and then a few more.
More staff started their shifts and we couldn't have been made to feel more welcome. They tried to arrange a table for dinner later in the evening and made us feel extremely welcome.
The hotel and bar area are typical of a building of this delightful character and full of history. The staff were extremely conscientious and diligent in everything they did and this was also evident in the manner in which they looked after other guests. Nothing was too much trouble.
The end of the evening just topped it off as one of the staff had a break and took us to our rented accommodation at the end of 1.5 mile driveway.
Fabulous property and brilliant staff, but unfortunately we weren't able to return. If we do go back to the area, we'll be sure to pay a visit.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Dez M
Reviewed 10 January 2018

We parked at the rear of the hotel. Before going in, we let our dog our for a quick walk. We were horrified to see in the small woods behind the hotel, within the hotel grounds, dumped "white goods" next to the small river. See uploaded photos. This is just a small example of the debris which is hidden from customers who park at the front and using the main entrance. A large chest freezer with the top removed just lying there, and other rubbish just lying around. I was totally shocked. Clients come to this area for the scenic beauty and clean environment, and the trash "hidden out of sight" is criminal. Needless to say we drove off. If you care about the environment, vote with your feet and don't stay here, until they take responsibility for their actions and confirm that the grounds have been cleared up.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Dalmunzie C, Owner at Dalmunzie Castle, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Dear BenNevis4406, thank you so much for your vigilance and report - You really should have seen the site when we bought the hotel? We have had a clearance programme for the rubbish left by our predecessors (including the white goods you refer to) for some time and aim to shift the larger white goods soon. However, much of the other rubbish is deposited on a daily basis by your fellow walkers. It is a full time job to clear up after irresponsible walkers. How do we know this? Staff have often witnessed walkers emptying their rubbish and doggy poop bags out of their car windows down the hill area that you are referring to. The more responsible walkers have used the bins provided near the "walker" parking areas, however, Perth and Kinross council have not been emptying our bins for fear of the snow and ice on our private drive during the winter months. As such, people using the parking area have been inclined to quietly deposit their rubbish in the woods hoping that no one will spot them! As regards your hasty attribution of blame, please understand that much of the rubbish left around the hotel and golf course is brought here is from outside by walkers, it is a shame not everyone is caring like yourself!
Regards

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We arrived at this delightful destination late in the afternoon to a warm welcome. Staff were super helpful and welcoming. Our room was a delight, very different to accommodation in Australia. We did feel very special for the night. Dinner was delicious, breakfast good. The walk down the driveway in the morning was absolutely beautiful. Lovely to stop a chat with other guests as they walked their dogs. Would definitely recommend this experience. Look out for snowfall!

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are interesting and quaint
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple