All reviews crisps sweet trolley bottled water no lift birthday meal night porter little touches lovely meal sunday lunch fillet steak trouser press from start to finish staff were excellent booked a table lovely room function room friendly hotel
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Good venues for a traditional Sunday lunch in the Wirral area, at a realistic price, I believe are few and far between. Today I and two guests tried Grove House, I was most impressed. The location has a very comfortable atmosphere with a pleasant seating area for pre-meal drinks. Staff were very professional and polite. The dining room was well furnished with plenty of character. Crisp white table cloths and napkins, flowers on each table added to the overall dining room appearance. The quality of lunch was first class, very well presented, ample portions, could have been home cooking. Vegetables are served in terrines with the meat being served ‘silver service’. The dining experience was so satisfactory I fully intend to make Grove House a regular venue for lunch. The restaurant has a winning formula and I would recommend a visit.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
mrburngrove, Owner at The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the restaurant, we very much appreciate your comments We are very pleased to see that the quality of your meal was first class meal, hope to see you very soon.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

We visited as a big family group for Mum's Birthday meal. The staff couldn't have been friendlier. They have a really nice bar area to sit in to meet and drink bubbly. We had been travelling all day so it was really good to feel relaxed and welcome. Everyone enjoyed the food and a good time was had by all.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Grove for 2 nights, the on checking into the room there was a very strong smell of smoke. I informed reception and they said they would look into it. On returning to my room the second day I noticed the bathroom smelt strongly of smoke and there was cigarette ash on the floor. What was the point of reporting it the first time? I thought this hotel had a no smoking policy, obviously this isn't the case. I won't be returning.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank diamondmark38

TO AL;L OUR TRIP ADVISER REVIEWERS
We do have a no smoking policy in the hotel . It is very unusual to get a complaint about the rooms, if we had had a complaint we would have moved the guests to another room, we do not know when the guest stayed? We always do our very best to make sure all guests have a pleasant stay, if the guest in question could call the hotel, i would like to know when they stayed and who they complained to, we would then carry out a full enquiry and offer a full apology to the guest.
If on this occasion we let the guest down.
We have no record of a guest with this name staying in the hotel.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The place is so dated, they haven’t decorated since opening. The menu also was dated, I think they cater mostly for older people. The place does not cater for young people. They only sell two types of lager Becks and Stella. The staff were all dressed like undertakers and didn’t look very happy. They never smiled once. The food didn’t look or taste fresh. We were quite disappointed with the food and the establishment. We will not be going there again.
The starter in the pic was presented terrible.
We all had to laugh at the terribleness to keep us sain.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
mrburngrove, Manager at The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for your recent review, we are disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your experience at The Grove House. We would like to cover some of your remarks. Our restaurant offers a large choice of both set and a la carte menus with a selection of draft beers as well as a good selection of bottled lagers and ales.
All our restaurant staff are smartly dressed in suits to match our traditional service.
Over the years we have spent a lot of time and money to improve our décor but we are sorry this is not your taste.
We wish you would have told us of your disappointment on the evening in question and we could have dealt with it directly, our staff are always happy to help.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Went for a birthday celebration with the family, the staff where very friendly and the service was great. But the food was a real let down, the summer salad was very small, a few bits of salad about 6 butter beans and a radish, nothing else it was tasteless ! The main meals where very poor and watery, My mum's birthday cake surprise also an anti climax, after buying sparklers and having a beautiful cake made specially ( not by the Grove ) It was carried to the table then we all painfully had to wait for it to be lit, which totally ruined the surprise. We had our wedding reception here many years ago but its not the same, sadly we wont be returning. .

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
mrburngrove, Owner at The Grove House Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

* The staff are very friendly and the service was great!! Thank you for this comment.
* I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the meal.
* The birthday cake - As small sparklers burn very quickly we tend to light them at the table, If we light them out of the restaurant they can burn out before they even get to the table, this is not good.
* Sorry 710Pete, but as we do not know your name or when your meal was I can not look back at the evening, did you or anyone in your party comment or complain at the time?
* If you could email or call the hotel I would like to speak to you over the phone or in person, please leave me your details.

Kind Regards