Reviews (1 528)
1 528 results
All reviewshumber bridgeafternoon teaevening mealcream teaspa treatmentswedding partygreat nightone night stayweekend breakcomfy bedbiscuitsfull englishyogurthullferribybrasseriesteph
112 - 117 of 1 528 reviews
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We were looked after very well by the staff, Beth, Phil, Katie and Alex, at Hallmark Hotel this weekend. We stayed Saturday night as part of our cycle trip from York to Hull and back. All the staff were very helpful and we had a great evening meal and breakfast. It was also excellent value, thanks.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Booked with Groupon, easy to find, large free car park and views of the Humber Bridge. On arrival the staff were pleasant and welcoming. Our offer included a bottle of wine in the room which we found to be red however the staff were quick to change this for white with an ice bucket. We liked our room and felt it was excellent value for money . The breakfast was plentiful and good quality and staff were polite and helpful. I loved the Villeroy and bosh china cups so much I have since bought some. All in all a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Bent over backwards to make everything work for us - very flexible, very friendly, great value. Sorted out bike storage for us which did not involve having bikes in our rooms - excellent. Sleep quality may have been due to 55 miles cycling but no complaints. For what we paid, we expected a much lower standard of food and accommodation so were very happy with our stay. Special mention to duty manager (Phil?) who was great, top bloke.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We have been there 2 nights using a Groupon voucher.

5 STAR for the food, the best steak and chicken we ever had, delicious desserts. The chef deserves a reward for the food he makes. I would go back there just to eat it again...` Very good breakfast.

5 STAR for room, comfortable, clean and relaxing. Fast and reliable WiFi.

3 STAR, regrettably, for the stuff. Don't get me wrong, they are all very polite, helpful and friendly but lack of training is causing some problems.

The bartenders couldn't make the same drink twice, missing ingredients and different taste every time. A signature drink - HALLMARK Martini was so bad that we had to mix it with some juice. Teste of pure vodka. The bar stuff didn't know the current offers which I paid for by buying a full price drinks during a happy hour - should be 40% OFF. They had to use a recipe book to make a simple COSMO (which was better on Friday night, Saturday version wasn't that testy). Haw hard is it to memorize a few recipes....

Before ordering a dinner I asked the server if all the food on the menu is included in our deal without any supercharge. He assured me that we can order anything without extra charge. Upon checking out we had an unpleasant surprise and had to pay extra charge for the dinner we had. I don't mind to pay extra as long as I knew about it but was mislead buy the server. They need a lot more of proper training to avoid confusion and disappointed customers.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank RalfNCT
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely and relaxing facial from Beth, she made me feel very comfortable and the facial lasted for a period of time. I really enjoyed it and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wanting to relax and it’s worth the money.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family