All reviews three rivers swimming pool sunday lunch lovely location spa facilities three courses booked this hotel lovely food evening meal relaxed atmosphere large room pudding stayed for nights west wales short break a lovely stay feel very welcome
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This is a family run hotel with friendly and supportive staff. Always a warm welcome and delicious food. I enjoyed the quiet ambiance of the dining room. Staff were attentive but did not intrude, just the right balance.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2018

Large rooms, good beds, lovely view. Super friendly staff and wonderful food. Dogs are very welcome! We stayed four nights while exploring the whole area :)
We will definitely be back, if we return to Wales !!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Last minute decision to go for Sunday lunch at Three Rivers. We arrived at 1.45 and had a nice table for 6. The dining room was quite busy but had a relaxed atmosphere. Pleasant staff and quick service. Carvery was tasty and plentiful, with just one dessert ordered as we were all too full.
Spent a pleasant few hours at the hotel and some of the group enjoyed a game of traditional skittles after the meal.
Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed to attend a wedding in the nearby area. Turned up and tried to organise a taxi to the venue (many hotels will organise this for you). Was told they don’t know any numbers for taxis - okay fair enough I suppose (surely being an established hotel this isn’t the first time somebody has asked?!). So I thought I’d just google it myself and find a cab to call. However there is NO phone reception there on multiple networks and the WiFi is “patchy” according to the staff (it works if you sit in reception for a few minutes before failing). Don’t even bother trying to use the WiFi from your room, it doesn’t reach. Long story short - had to do all the legwork ourselves sorting a taxi there and back and due to the signal issue the lady on reception suggested we use the pay phone...which I tried and went to voicemail so it swallowed my change. Had to make a fuss to use their landline which in fairness they accepted, but anyone could see we were struggling for nearly 30 mins and didn’t even offer us to use it! When trying to arrange a taxi the lady said “you’ll be lucky to get one now” - awful customer service skills.

The room was fine. Very basic but fairly large. There is little in the area in the way of shops or amenities.

The hotel itself feels tired and dated but it serves its purpose. I didn’t use the restaurant or pool. I would not book again due to the poor service experienced.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thebaws
Reviewed 31 December 2017

Took a gamble on an impulse 2 night stay, as just looking to stay somewhere coastal in South Wales. Wanted a quiet relaxing break. A couple of the reviews here mentioned this place was perhaps a bit dated, but I rang to check availability, and the female receptionist who answered was helpful and friendly, and offered a sea view upgrade without asking, along with a recommendation for food in the restaurant.
Very glad I booked, from the warm easy welcome, to the good sized room with a view, to the dog friendly owner and staff, to the pool and sauna, and the relaxing, and reasonable, massage I managed to arrange with Rachael (‘Get the massage’ on Facebook) for the next day.
We had a long, windy, lovely walk on the beach across the bay, and visited Llansteffan Castle, which was lovely. The beach right in front of the hotel is also easily accessible (although you need to cross the railway line) and we had a great walk there with the dog in the morning.
The male receptionist who checked us in on arrival (Rob?), who doubled as the waiter, was also very helpful. Very nice too to meet the owner and her partner, who were friendly and helpful, without being over-bearing.
Yes, it does need some upgrading in some areas, of which the owner is well aware and has plans, but it’s comfortable, clean, quiet and welcoming. The food was great, and the atmosphere warm.
The area is pretty, quiet, rural, albeit we visited in December.
We hope to return, and would happily stay at Three Rives again.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple