Three Rivers Hotel
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthree riversswimming poolquirky hotelsunday lunchtimelovely friendly hotelfantastic arealovely big roomfriendly place to staythree courseslovely poolnight staybooked this hotelbit datedevening mealthe main hotelspa facilitiesthe cottages
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Very disappointed by a certain member of staff, could of been the manager didn't get her name! I'm really unhappy by the way we got spoke to her attitude was disgusting very rude, and arrogant. We went into the bar area to get some drinks and her service was apauling I had my two year old son with me who went to go and stand by his father at the bar, this member of staff grabbed my son by the arm, who was assuming he was going to go behind the bar. No one should grab someone else is child by the ARM will not be going back there!!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2017

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights last weekend when attending our friends' wedding - both the ceremony and the reception were held at Three Rivers. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived, by staff who were friendly and helpful. The wedding day went perfectly, from a guest's point of view. And the carvery meal on Sunday lunchtime was the icing on our cake! We loved the 'quirky' items dotted around and the history of the place. These delightful touches are FAR more interesting than vast expanses of gleaming tiled floors and mirrored walls which make so many hotels feel soulless. We felt totally 'at home' throughout our stay. LOVED IT!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for my moms wedding. My mom and her new husband got married here and had the reception too! This place is amazing! We had read the reviews before and was a little worried!
No need to be worried at all! Our room was lovely great view from the balcony too. The whole day was amazing!
The staff are so so lovely and helpful I would defo go back again!
We hired the two cottages for family too and oh my goodness they are stunning!
A must do!!!
Food great!!
Drinks not expensive!!
Lots of fun had by all thank you

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

I've been here a couple of times for a drink and once for a carvery Sunday lunch.

I have to say, this place is poor. I think it was once very nice but today it is shabby and dissapointing.

The Sunday lunch is popular but i didn't like it at all. Soup to start, salty and brown. Lunch is a carvery, dry overcooked meat, and overly salty vegetables. The broccoli was inedible, completely overcooked, soft and far, fat too salty.

Deserts are a choice, things like apple crumble with custard, black forest gateaux or some kind of basic trifle. Straight out of the 1970s.

I've been for a drink recently, ordered two pints of Guinness, both were acidic, clearly the beer lines aren't cleaned as they should either.

Will be giving this place a miss in future, will be having Sunday lunch in the red lion Llandyfaelog which is superb.

A positive - Sunday lunch is cheap, about £11 for three courses. I'd rather pay more however and get nice food.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Juz C
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We arrived here for one night. March 25th) A married couple with a double room booked for a "single" occupancy - Booking dot com messed it up when I filled in the online form. Anyway the hotel accepted the error but I still had to pay £80.00 for "ONE OF THEIR BETTER ROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think so, I've stayed in some places in Africa and Greece - this place comes close to their level as a "minus" stars hotel.

Where do I begin.

Pros - (1) the balcony with the evenings sunset view over the estuary - picturesque if you ignore the caravan site between you and the sea - not forgetting the railway line with trains every hour!!!
(2) Brains beer............. not much more I can say but I enjoyed that.
(3) The food - adequate, luke warm breakfast; coffee from a machine; congealed beans; sour tomatoes (tinned) - nice toast.
(4) The hotel dog - liked the sausage

Cons: First thing was the heat - I went to complain but was told to turn the radiator down - the thermostat radiator valve fell off. The view from the side window - the corrugated roof of the swimming pool. I went to sit on the settee and ended up with 5 metal staples in my backside - the cloth cover "throw" over the settee with the outer leather skin was pealing off - the throw was stapled in place - I removed over 15 of the damn things which were falling off the settee (not secured in place). THE BEST TILL LAST -------- The was a minstrel gallery in the room, timber steps leading to the upper part of the room with foam seats - covered in cat faeces.......... obviously not cleaning up here for at least a week or two. I mentioned it at breakfast - response: must have been a dog which the last guest allowed to sleep upstairs................. nice!!!!! No apology, nothing!!! just a matter of fact feeble explanation.

We left after breakfast - regretted not staying at the nearest YHA..............

My photos tell the tale - Faulty Towers???? not that good.

Take a walk to Ferry-side - just half a mile west, small beach with sand and sea plus a pub

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple