El Sabanero lived up to its great reviews. Everyone who worked there was warm, welcoming, interesting and talented. The lodge provided the perfect balance between community and solitude. I'm not very practiced with yoga, but the two classes a day got me hooked and helped me gain confidence with some postures that I always found difficult. Hector Moreno and Sabine Wienerroither were both wonderful teachers. They each had their own very different style, but each challenged me in the best way, all while offering wonderful insights, wisdom and motivation. Beyond the yoga instruction, I really enjoyed them as people too. Hector took my group on an incredible sunrise meditation walk through the jungle where we saw lots of birds, butterflies and howler monkeys. Sabine always offered a philosophical perspective on life that was interesting and thought provoking. She was great company. The food Donald and Hazel cooked was amazing and tasty and well thought-out. One night was Indian themed, one night Middle Eastern, one night Italian (etc) -- so beautifully and thoughtfully prepared and simply delicious. Kort was a wonderful host, and took me to various nearby beaches. The accommodations were simple, and no frills but I liked them. There could be better water pressure in the cabins, and hot water took a while to kick in, but it is an eco lodge and this is a minor complaint. I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the north Pacific side of Costa Rica, in the province of Guanacaste. A 10 min drive to Tamarindo Beach Resort, 5 min from the Hacienda Pinilla golf course facilities and only 15 min from world-class surf spots such as Avellanas Beach, Playa Negra and Playa Grande. El Sabanero is perfectly located close to all exciting activities. Staying at El Sabanero, one experiences total tranquility, the pure nature, the exotic local animals such as howling monkeys, iguanas, exotic butterflies, parrots & much more, plus the fantastic view of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your El Sabanero Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Sabanero Eco Hotel Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Hotel Tamarindo