***REVIEW ABOUT A TRIP TRIBE YOGA RETREAT TRIP TO EL SABANERO***
WOW. Just WOW. Considering that A. this was my first yoga retreat and B. this was my first time traveling with Trip Tribe, I am entirely blown away and slightly addicted! I traveled with my boyfriend, who is NOT a yogi (bu really enjoyed the trip!!). We loved meeting new people and exploring with such a fun group of singles, friends, other couples and fellow travelers:
First of all, the coordination of flights and transportation was perfect. Everything went smoothly. Trip Tribe communicated everything we needed to know well ahead of our departure and Amy, the trip ambassador, supplemented with additional information as needed.
Once we arrived at our destination, I was pleased to see that our accommodations at El Sabanero were humble, yet comfortable and adequate (think: clean but simple), and that there were common comforts like hot water (with some patience), safes and wifi (slowish wifi). They even provided a few shampoos, bars of soap and beach towels, which was unexpected. The natural surroundings of El Sabanero were beautiful and it was such a treat to stay in such a lovely natural environment.
The general atmosphere at El Sabanero was amazing. The pool was lovely to swim in after our sweaty yoga sessions. The large meeting/eating space was tranquil and lovely. And the yoga spaces where we practiced were calm and peaceful. And the staff from all different parts of our trip -- from Harold to Hazel to Ana to Fernando to Donald, etc. -- were amazing, kind and welcoming. They made it really feel like home!
The food at El Sabanero was AMAZING. A-MA-ZING. The kitchen staff really knows what they are doing and totally spoiled us with fresh bread, homemade gourmet meals and amazing dishes all week long. Even some of the packed lunches (for when we weren't there during lunch) were good! A HUGE thumbs up and major reason why you should stay at El Sabanero! Also, it doesn't hurt that beer/wine/cocktails are crazy affordable and also delicious!
As for the yoga, Amy did her usual amazing thing. I've taken several classes of hers in DC, so I wasn't surprised to find that she taught similar wonderful classes in Costa Rica. Newbie or advanced, this girl's classes are a MUST-do! I particularly loved her Fusion Flow Yoga class (think martial arts meets HIIT meets yoga) and the nightly Nidra/Restorative classes. Major thumbs up for the quality of the classes, variety of classes and expertise of our instructor and trip ambassador!
Additionally, I went to several beach visits during my trip with the group, and loved them both! I event tried my hand at surfing which was a total blast. I would also recommend getting a massage from Ana, going on the adventure tour and heading on the Catamaran Sunset sail (erm, skip that if you are seasick!).
All in all, this was an amazing trip. Kudos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the north Pacific side of Costa Rica, in the province of Guanacaste. A 10 min drive to Tamarindo Beach Resort, 5 min from the Hacienda Pinilla golf course facilities and only 15 min from world-class surf spots such as Avellanas Beach, Playa Negra and Playa Grande. El Sabanero is perfectly located close to all exciting activities. Staying at El Sabanero, one experiences total tranquility, the pure nature, the exotic local animals such as howling monkeys, iguanas, exotic butterflies, parrots & much more, plus the fantastic view of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your El Sabanero Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Sabanero Eco Hotel Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Hotel Tamarindo