Cabinas Las Olas(Playa Avellanas)
US$140
US$136
Las Avellanas Villas(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$94
Hotel Surf Camp Mediterraneo(Playa Avellanas)(Great Value!)
US$75
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$349
  • Pool
Cafe Playa Negra(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
US$105
Playa Negra Surf Lodge(Playa Negra)(Great Value!)
US$80
No availability for your dates from our partners
Vida Verde(Playa Avellanas)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsyoga retreatyoga trainingvisited elcosta ricahowler monkeysamazing chefmorning and eveningnice amenitieshome away from homeother guestsbring earplugszip liningcome homehot waterdry seasonbeach towelshorseback riding
Reviewed 2 April 2016

Staying at El Sabanero Eco Lodge was an amazing experience. The grounds are beautiful and the atmosphere is very relaxed and peaceful. Although, I am not really into yoga, I never felt uncomfortable and I really enjoyed myself. The owners, Amit and Tasha, have such an incredible energy and I am truly thankful for the time I was able to spend with them and their children. It was easy feeling at home there. The food was DELICIOUS, fresh, and varying each day. I would highly recommend El Sabanero Eco Lodge to anyone. I feel blessed to have had this experience and can’t wait for my next visit!

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank SoulSearchingGypsy
Reviewed 12 March 2016

Just came back from a wonderful yoga retreat. Amit & Tasha, were friendly & welcoming with there 2 children. The grounds are beautiful and cabins are cozy, the a/c worked well.
The views from the balcony were serene.They were very accommodating helping us with excursions & transportation.
Donald & Hazel the chefs, made us wonderful fresh meals. Just loved the homemade bread & ginger/tumeric tea!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 March 2016

I am so thankful and grateful to have had the pleasure of staying at El Sabarnero last week for a yoga and meditation retreat. I was able to focus on my mind, body and soul. The sounds of nature complimented the peacefulness of the property and the chalets. The food was absolutely delicious and you could feel the love that Donald and Hazel put into all of the preparation. The staff were helpful, kind and happy. I truly fell in love with Costa Rica and am blessed to have experienced it all while staying at this wonderful resort. Pura Vida!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2016

This lodge is remarkable! I lived at El Sabanero Eco Lodge for a month while taking a Yoga Teacher Training. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The rest of the property is amazing as well. They have two open spaces for yoga, both were wonderful. They have two pools, both were incredible. We ate three meals a day at El Sabanero, and each meal was such a highlight. The variety of food was amazing. The care and creativity they put into their meals was super impressive. I'm a runner, and there were plenty of dirt roads and sidewalks for morning runs. The lodge is also conveniently close to Tamarindo and Playa Avellanas. There were friendly cats, iguanas and dogs to keep you company. The property is well thought out, and I just can't recommend it enough! You will love it!

Stayed: November 2015
1  Thank kinesthetickevin
Reviewed 13 February 2016

My wife (49) and I (50) stayed here for 6 days at the beginning of February 2016. We had an excellent time, and would stay there again in a heart beat. Great place with great staff!! Looking forward to our next visit already!

RESORT: Grounds are clean, nice and rustic, with plenty of foliage. Walkways to the huts are well-lit and charming. Views are very nice
POOL: Clean, infinity-style with mini-spa pool as well. One downside is that there were a lot of bees at one end, but hopefully they killed that nest by now. Deck needs a little work.
ROOMS: Cozy & private with fridge and A/C (works well). Bed was comfortable enough, but pillows could use an upgrade. Shower takes a while to warm up, but sufficient. Shutters could use some screens to prevent a few bugs from sneaking in.
FOOD: Donald (and Hazel) can make a 5 star course out of any ingredients. We had tuna, chicken, spinach soup, chocolate cake. Was not expecting so delicious for Costa Rica. Breakfast is also delicious, plentiful and free. We had eggs, bacon, fruit, toast, coffee, smoothies and gallo pinto just about every morning.
BOOZE: Beer and wine were reasonable and cold. Bring your own liquor.
STAFF: Kurt (owner) was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful. Same for Donald/Hazel and the rest of the crew.
LOCATION: 15-20 minutes from beaches and grocery story.
ACTIVITIES: Yoga (mats available) instruction, Massage ($40/hr & Great!), other activities upon request.
WI-FI: Resort wide and free. A few hiccups because of a new router installation, but otherwise, fine! 2Mbps on average in the pool area.

Room Tip: Rent a car. Bring your own liquor (beer/wine are available).
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple