My wife (49) and I (50) stayed here for 6 days at the beginning of February 2016. We had an excellent time, and would stay there again in a heart beat. Great place with great staff!! Looking forward to our next visit already!
RESORT: Grounds are clean, nice and rustic, with plenty of foliage. Walkways to the huts are well-lit and charming. Views are very nice
POOL: Clean, infinity-style with mini-spa pool as well. One downside is that there were a lot of bees at one end, but hopefully they killed that nest by now. Deck needs a little work.
ROOMS: Cozy & private with fridge and A/C (works well). Bed was comfortable enough, but pillows could use an upgrade. Shower takes a while to warm up, but sufficient. Shutters could use some screens to prevent a few bugs from sneaking in.
FOOD: Donald (and Hazel) can make a 5 star course out of any ingredients. We had tuna, chicken, spinach soup, chocolate cake. Was not expecting so delicious for Costa Rica. Breakfast is also delicious, plentiful and free. We had eggs, bacon, fruit, toast, coffee, smoothies and gallo pinto just about every morning.
BOOZE: Beer and wine were reasonable and cold. Bring your own liquor.
STAFF: Kurt (owner) was knowledgeable, courteous and helpful. Same for Donald/Hazel and the rest of the crew.
LOCATION: 15-20 minutes from beaches and grocery story.
ACTIVITIES: Yoga (mats available) instruction, Massage ($40/hr & Great!), other activities upon request.
WI-FI: Resort wide and free. A few hiccups because of a new router installation, but otherwise, fine! 2Mbps on average in the pool area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the north Pacific side of Costa Rica, in the province of Guanacaste. A 10 min drive to Tamarindo Beach Resort, 5 min from the Hacienda Pinilla golf course facilities and only 15 min from world-class surf spots such as Avellanas Beach, Playa Negra and Playa Grande. El Sabanero is perfectly located close to all exciting activities. Staying at El Sabanero, one experiences total tranquility, the pure nature, the exotic local animals such as howling monkeys, iguanas, exotic butterflies, parrots & much more, plus the fantastic view of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your El Sabanero Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Sabanero Eco Hotel Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Tamarindo
- El Sabanero Ecolodge Hotel Tamarindo