The 4 Fish(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$63
Hotels.com
Arto Moro Bunaken(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
US$24
Bunaken Kuskus Resort(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
US$41
  • Restaurant
Bunaken Beach Resort(Bunaken Island)(Great Value!)
US$42
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$31
US$758
Agoda.com
US$573
  • Breakfast included
Froggies Divers Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
US$151
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
Cakalang Bunaken(Bunaken Island)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssea gardenbig gardendive masterdive shopfishdeluxe roomfood servedbasic accommodationwooden bungalowscoral reefrelaxed atmospherespecial thanksspent dayssonyaharryelectricityisland
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 2 days there after visiting and comparing at least 5 other Resorts on the way. We choose SeaGarden because it was the best.
We liked:
- Sonia s'smile and good vibes
- Wooden bungalows with sea/garden view
-the nice and big garden
- food and particularly pancakes in the morning
- dogs cannot come in the dinning area which is appreciable for people like me who does not like pets while eating
- amazing snorkelling just in front

Everything was Perfect. thank you

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here with my son - the only 2 in the resort, so plenty of service. Within 5 mins of arrival, Sonya took us out for diving/snorkelling and worked one on one with my son to get his diving certificate. Great views of the reef from the balcony of my room. Accommodation is not 5 star, but it's also not needed. This is a place to stay to get away from it all. Food was plentiful and "enak". All the staff were friendly and welcoming. This was our second time at SeaGarden, and it will not be our last.

Room Tip: Rooms 8 and 9 in the double story building - great views of the sunrise.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Probably one of the best places on the island, definitely worth the price and always a service with a smile. One of the rare places where they have a shower with fresh water, a garden that's a lust for the eye, amazing food, very cozy bungalows and amazing staff that makes your holiday a dream come true. The diving with them is just perfect and they're gear is up to date....I'm sure that this place is the best value for your money on the island.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I think my life is like sparkling drops of rain, flashing in front of my eyes.So I don't remember the day I first appeared in Sea Garden. But I'll never forget the day that I forgot, because it was the same day I discovered this amazing place.First of all I would like to mention the hospitality of the owners and resort staff, quality food and comfortable accommodation. In addition, the gorgeous coral reef right in front. My recommendation, come and You will not regret it.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I stayed at BSGR for near a month. My stay was very relaxed, as the team is very helpful and communicative. They can be very accommodating if you maintain a positive frame of mind. The resort itself is relatively basic in terms of amenities. The cottages are simple and requires some refurbishing. The grounds are nice and open, but could do with some landscaping. Cold water for washing only, and no air conditioning. Overall, it is not an international standard resort. It is a very homely, casual, and local resort with a cozy atmosphere. If you're looking for a classic 'resort' oriented holiday, I would suggest Two Fish or The Village (of course, you'll be paying more), but if you're traveling for nature, diving, snorkeling, and just to experience the island, then BSGR is a great place to stay with fun staff.

Pros
- Excellent location! The reef just outside of BSGR is probably the best you'll get on the whole island! Plenty of marine life! So simple just to wade out and snorkel.
- Wonderful staff members. Sonya was like a big sister to me. Mai was so helpful whenever I had any issues.
- Great food! A little repetitive, but I'm not one to gripe about food. The flavor was delicious and the spicy sauces were crazy! (Only pancakes and toast for breakfast though. I would recommend diversifying the morning menu a bit.)
- Friendly dive crew and unbeatable prices. 65Euros for 2 morning dives, all gear included, is a pretty good price. I don't think I found any resort with a more competitive price.
- Local connections! If you're interested, the staff would be more than happy to introduce village stuff, if you want to experience some local culture.

Cons
- No 24hour electricty and WiFi (no WiFi in rooms). The Electricity is only on from 5pm to 9am. This was rather an inconvenience.
- Simple cottages. If you really hate bugs and critters, then you might have a hard time sleeping.
- Basic amenities. Simple shower in cottages and dive shop, and no pool (I always love a pool at a tropical resort).
- Cleanliness. The resort could be kept in better condition with some more thorough cleaning. As is, it is a very local standard.

All in all, if you're looking for a higher-end resort experience with fancy cottages and parasols, perhaps BSGR is not for you. However, if you're an adventurer wanting easy access to great diving and snorkelling, and don't mind a little more basic accommodation, BSGR is the place to be!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo