All reviewsswim up roomwater parkan upgradewhite winecoffee making facilities aresun connecttaurus mountainsbackground musicdouble bed and a single beddifferent culturesplenty of storage spaceboat tripfamily holidayswimup roomsaladsoft drinksyour plate
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We have swim up room (still here), room is grate . Pools are clean and nice, stuff over the pool is good, however they dont speak English.
Restaurant, service and food is very bad if you compare price of the hotel.
Food does not change much. You have to wait for food, there is one food in one place and the line is long. I ask light cola and they serve normal cola (diabetes 1), NO!
And the best, for the kids, lunch was swollen cereal.
So NO vote from me, i dont recommend, for this price. Trop the price or do something to food and restaurant.

Room Tip: Swim up room
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SunConnect Eftalia Marin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear digtaattori,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, we can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

This is a comprehensive review of our own experiences. I don't really bother but I feel this one required my attention.
Booked with Thomas cook.
Me, my wife and our two kids, 4 and 16 months
Transfer from the hotel was about 90 minutes but you stop for a 15 minute break to get a drink and some food.
Arrived at the hotel about 5pm and the bell boys came running out to take our bags. Checkin was quick but
we was told we had booked a standard room when we had booked a double room which is on our booking confirmation. He offered us a upgrade to a dublex swim up room for £120 which I'm glad we did as it was much better. More space and a pool on the door step. But I felt we was miss lead on our current booking just to get us to upgrade.
The pools are great. Can get very busy but at the back of the hotel is a pool that is often much quieter. They look clean and the grounds are well maintained. Lots of slides and a kids clubs. My 4 year old went once to kids club and made cookies. Only thing I was a bit confused by was when I collected him they was all sat in silence waiting. He said it was ok but didnt want to go again. Weather was perfect. 35c most days.
I think the main bulk of the guests are russian I think. They don't smile much and don't like queuing so I had to tell a few to get to the back like everyone else but I didn't have to many problems with them.
Now for the food!!! Massive selection. Lots of choices but not a great quality. It's like a war zone. People rushing back and forth pushing in and grabbing as much food as possible they can fit on their plates. Became a stressful experience and didn't look forward to dinner time.
So much cross contamination going on, people breathing and coughing over the food. It was my worst nightmare.
"THE SULTANS REVENGE"
First our baby became sick, vomiting and diarrhea. Then my wife and day later then myself and our 4 year old. It was horrendous. I asked at reception if we could have some bacterial cleaning spray and cloths to clean up after ourselves and was told in simple English "NO SPAY" I forget the chaps name but he was the same guy who checked us in.
On day four it got so bad that I was using bedsheets to clean the kids sick up because we ran out of toilet paper and baby wipes
I went to reception again at 1:30am and asked a different chap for clean bedding and spay and toilet paper. He said yes no problems. 10 minutes later we had everything I asked for. I want this guy to know how grateful we are for such a speedy response.
As for the other guy who checked us in total was of time.
The hotel needs to make some big changes in the food department to prevent it becoming such a bacterial cess pit. And a better system could also reduce the amount of waste, inturn boosting profits. Then you can buy some decent burgers for burglar land. They are so thin and I'm not convinced they are even beef. Like a beef smelling mush. We started only eating the freshly cooked food they do or eating out.
Drinks is also a bit of a let down. Pool bars selection is beer, wine which was like vinegar or water. If they have any water that is. But plenty of water in the main dining hall.
Only the main reception bars have spirits which means a bit of a walk if you want a gin and tonic by the pool.
Cleaning ladies did a great job of keeping our rooms clean and towels fresh. If you need something extra just ask the cleaners. A fridge in our room has free water, coke and Fanta which is topped up daily.
Staff do speak very little English which is understandable as it's not England. So can be difficult at times getting your needs across so have a translation app ready to make you life easier.
Ice cream between 2 & 4 but don't turn up a 3:50 as there is a angry little man their that moans at you. So rude.
If you want a taxi to alanya it will cost you €25 one way. The hotel needs its own bus service to alanya as it could be profitable to the hotel while passing a saving to its guests.
We don't plan on coming back to this hotel again unless the food hygiene is improved massively.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Stagman83
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SunConnect Eftalia Marin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Stagman83,

Firstly, thank you very much for the feedback provided and the time you have taken to share your experiences with us.

Please accept our sincere apologies if not everything during your stay was to your fullest satisfaction.We appreciate your helpful remarks because only with the feedback of our guests we can make improvements to offer our guests an even better experience. Thank you for your support!

Nevertheless it will be big pleasure to welcome you back soon to offer you an even better experience.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our holiday was booked and recommended by Thomas Cook.
We travelled as two women and two children.
This is a long but honest review
After a 4hr delay, we finally arrived at the hotel at 7am ish. One hour into the transfer, you stop for 15mins at a local supermarket for the driver to rest and for you to buy refreshments, when you have small children and have already had a delay and no sleep you just want to get to your hotel. The stop feels unnecessary after just 1hr of travelling and feels the stop is so you get off and buy stuff (the bus had a toilet)

Due to so many things, I will bullet point the reasoning for saying this place is terrible! These are not in any particular order

• Once in our room we soon realised we only had enough towels bedding and drinks for 2ppl when we booked for 4. It took a few days of keep calling reception, getting friendly with the maids, and leaving tips to get what we had paid for.
• After the first day we realised we was not even given our wrists bands at check-in.
• Unless you know about Towel service you are not made aware of this service on check-in. I asked Thomas cook
• 24hr burger bar, this is not 24hr it is closed during breakfast lunch and dinner. This also did not always have burgers! They do not stock it up as it comes up to dinner and lunchtime so you have no choice but to eat at the hectic restaurant anyway.
• 8 bars, yes there may be 8 bars but they aren’t consistent with each other i.e. swim up bar only had beer and no wine or spirits, some bars you have to pay extra for spirits
• swim up bar, we thought this was a pool with stools and a bar inside the pool but no you literally swim up get out and go a few meters to the bar where there is no seating so you have to walk back to you sun lounger to sit and have your drink.
• we wasn’t aware on booking that the islands is used by so many more hotels so it’s very packed and queues for food and snacks is bad. Waffle queue was 20mins in the blazing sun and you can only have 2waffles per person I had to queue twice as one adult stopped with the kids by the pool while the other fetched waffles so after 40mins what we wanted. You could all go together if you want but there is not enough seating.
• Ice cream parlour is nothing more than a man shoving a cone with 2clumps of ice cream at you. This to us is not an ice cream Parlour! The one at the hotel is a large room with a counter and two men serving. You have a choice of 2flavours if you only want one flavour you only get one clump. The parlour at the island is the same but in a wooden shack and no seating area. I must stress this is only served 2 till 4 each day so you must fancy an ice cream within the 2hours and again the shortest time we queue was 15mins at hotel and 35mins at the island.
• Mini bar in your room, again not advertised very well, this is only soft drinks and water. No alcohol
• Kids club is not on site and not once did we see Lola and Bernie
• No entertainment at our hotel, it’s all on the island so again it’s mayhem and like a sweat pit, entertainment don’t start till gone half nine
• playground is for under 3’s only
• Wi-Fi hardly works
• Sistering hotels you can use the water slides but not the sun loungers or bars
• our safe stopped working 3 times so had to wait for someone to assist
• Only fruit at breakfast is watermelon.
• Glass of orange is 1euro
• You have to set you own table at meal times and often cutlery is dirty and your table will have crumbs from the people before you
• Mealtime is stressful as so many people pushing. Queues can be 20mins plus and by that point your other food is cold and the kids are fed up
• Knives are sold in a shop on the island, why sell these in a family resort and who on a family holiday feels the need to buy them.
• Breakfast has a lot of leftover dinner for example broccoli chips peas carrots soup
• Kids buffet where they can help themselves consist of 3 items and not one is meat. One day one of the trays had milk and cereal in from breakfast. Due to so much mayhem you can’t allow the kids to go by themselves anyway
• A lot of the food isn’t labelled so you have no idea what it is
• Tattoo man made a joke with our 5year old and pointed a blade on him saying he’ll use this to do his henna tattoo but this scared him and we had to re assure him and make light of it. We witnessed this “joke” on other young children
• We went to the beach for the day and beach bar was closed so again had to keep doing two trips for drinks. Guy who sorts the sun loungers wanted a tip as he brought us cushions and was argumentative when we said we wasn’t giving one. We were happy to fetch these ourselves
• A la carte restaurants, When we booked the A la Carte we were given a time we was not allowed to choose a time we wanted to eat. We ordered two same meals but they came out totally different. Staff tried to make us leave 5 Euro tip and when we didn’t he argued with us. Another English family asked if we needed help and if we were ok. We saw that family a few days later and they said they had same problem.
• You constantly get hassled by people selling stuff weather you’re in the hotel or island
• Indoor pool was dangerous and made a number of people ill, one little girl had the colour bleached from her costume. The fumes were strong when we first arrived and they said the windows just needed opening however, after10mins we knew something was wrong. Guest Relations Lady advised us the indoor pool was harmful but later refused to give us the PH level and claimed there was nothing wrong with the pool.
• Unhelpful regarding dietary requirements. I have celiac and even after speaking to the lady on Guest relations a handful of times I resulted in eating chips and fruit
• We also reported a staff member who was drunk to Guest Relations and was told “no he’s not” we told her he was all over the place and stank of ale but she ignored us. Least she could have done was check seen as though the Ice Cream parlour is 1min walk from her office and he is dealing with children.
• Guest Relations Lady is useless for not addressing the last 3

Some of these may seem like we are moaning but this was our experience of the place and are truly disappointed. Staff are rude and unfriendly unless you are giving them a tip.

I will put a few pics of queues and timetable for food. It feels everything is dictated to you. What time you eat how much you eat depending if you can be bothered to keep queueing and if you would like a wine or spirit will determined where you sit.

8  Thank funny14

Dear funny14,

We are every time open for critisizm, if is contructive. As anyone can see, you came into the hotel with a negative attitude. Therefore, we do not want to answer in detail, because we believe that there is no good intention behind your review. It definitely does not reflect the truth! In addition, you should not forget the price / ratio. We hope you will get a better hotel for this price.

Best regards,

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

first the positive...amazing for kids but if u do have children with u I recommend booking to stay at the sister hotel eftalia ocean....this is where the slids are and if your from another hotel can not get a drink...

negatives....food appealing....although I am fussy my husband is not and even he disliked it ....I think we have lived off bread and chips for 2 weeks....Russian guests are shockingly rude so be prepared and this hotel loves them.....for an all inclusive I was shocked and the extra cost for things ....including orange juice in the morning....it's all money money money....

last positive hotel spotlessly clean but would never ever come back her again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank spag0tt
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SunConnect Eftalia Marin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear spag0tt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel through TripAdvisor.

We constantly work on improving our guests’ satisfaction; therefore, your feedback, positive or negative, helps us to see our product through the eyes of our guests and is highly valuable to us. Our goal is to deliver high-quality hospitality to every guest on every stay, starting from your arrival until your departure. We deeply regret to read that not everything during your stay was to your fullest satisfaction. Please be assured that this does not reflect our service standards and that we will follow up the situation with our entire team for make improvements in these points.

Last but not least: Everyone is responsible for herself. Therefore we do not understand why you make us responsible for the attitude of other guests! We welcome guests from all around the world and we never prefer one of them by their nationality, because everyone has the same importance for us!

Nevertheless, thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and kids-friendly atmosphere.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2018

The highlight of this holiday was seeing my six year old daughter beam with delight whilst attending the kids club. Jumping Jamie, Loopy Luke and Tu bi were absolutely amazing!! My daughter would not even step on the stage night one. These guys helped her confidence grow so much and by week two she was singing, dancing and on the front row in the middle. She did so many activities including T shirt printing, Popcorn club, Lollo and Bernies Birthday bash, aqua club and much more. I have never felt so relaxed to let my daughter go a kids club on previous holidays but the team were so great I felt extremely comfortable in doing so. We d done a few trips but my daughter insisted she wanted the kids club as soon as she opened her eyes. The team even came to wave us off as we were going. They hung around although they had been working from 10am in the morning until 10.30pm and helped us with our cases to the coach. We have been back two days and my daughter consistently talks about them and really misses them. A massive thank you to these hardworking guys.

1  Thank Sarah J
hotel_responsible, Leiter Gästebetreuung at SunConnect Eftalia Marin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Dear Sarah J,

"Massive thanks" for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel with us and the community online!

It makes us very happy that we could offer you and your kids a wonderful holiday and meet all your demands. Great that you’ve been satisfied with our great kids club provided by our hard working animation team. We will share you kind words with them!

We would highly appreciate to welcome you again and remain with warm regards,