Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 October 2018

We stayed at this hotel for one night. We had an email from them asking for a 10 euro deposit, which we paid prior to arrival. Upon arrival, we were asked to pay the bill before being shown up to our room. We realized that they had not taken into account the 10 euros we had already paid, explained this and it was put right - fair enough.

However, after checking out, I found that a further 37.44 euros was deducted from my account after I had paid the bill, without any explanation or authorization. We queried this with the hotel who explained there was a mistake. They would be in touch and refund the charge. Waited... Nothing. Contacted again... Were told the same thing. Waited - nothing. Contacted again! They then told us they had issued a refund, giving me the last 4 digits of someone else's credit card number! We explained they had got this wrong. Still waiting to hear. It is now in the hands of my credit card company.

On a personal note, there was only one girl there who seemed to be doing very much. She was efficient at checking us in and very pleasant. The place itself is beautiful. I can't comment on the food as we arrived too late.

Cleaning in the hotel rooms themselves was not up to scratch, but there again with such an old building, I can see how dust could be a problem so that I could have forgiven. Taking money out of my account without permission or explanation I most certainly can't, however.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Stayed one night after travelling for 2 weeks through France before catching the Bilbao ferry. The old convent building itself is magnificent but as a hotel it is disappointing. We had no smiling welcome from the receptionist, who was very abrupt (even accounting for some niceties that can get lost in translation) and after 2 weeks of wonderful French hospitality we were very disappointing with our Spanish 'welcome'. Our room was small and dark, and hot - but a fan had been provided. The bathroom was old and basic, and in need of refurbishment. Breakfast was mediocre with a poor choice, poor coffee and no fresh fruits or fresh fruit joice, although the croissants were very nice and fresh. Our evening meal at the restaurant however was fabulous, with good service and lovely fresh food at a reasonable price. It was a shame we couldn't charge our meal to our room bill though. The hotel has a large car park and is central for the town. The town has some interesting buildings and bridges, but isn't terribly attractive. Overall, with a few smiles, some modernisation whilst retaining character, and some TLC this could be a lovely hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Well not really , but the hotel is a converted convent which used to house a closed order . You can almost feel the character of the building which shows its age proudly but you do feel a bit more investment in the hardware could really make this very special .
No air-conditioning in the rooms which made us apprehensive but for the one night we were there it posed no problem with the thick walls of the old convent . Rooms were basic but beds were comfortable and clean . We had a room at the front of the building near to the road and were woken up early by traffic so I would request a room at the back .
We had a wonderful meal at the hotel restaurant which looks nothing special but the fish we had was superb - baked sea bass , fresh and sweet , with some olive oil .
Overall a very good price/quality offering .

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This is an old place in a quaint old town. It reeks of history -- and that is good. The front door looks like it's 300 years old. Everything is clean, our room was good if slightly spartan, the bathroom was very good. There is a central courtyard that adds atmosphere, the sort that you can't buy or make up. Our room faced the street and we got some noise from there.

Breakfast was very good. The previous night we would have eaten dinner here but none was being served, so we had to walk into town to find a restaurant. We eventually settled for a pizza at a bar, which was fine.

The clerk was very accommodating but didn't speak English. Parking was very easy. There is an elevator.

Finding the place as we approached the town was not easy. Most of the town is blocked off from cars. The part of the town near the river is charming. I give it a 3.5, rounded up to 4 because of the history.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

A friend and I stopped here for a night a while ago while travelling on bikes, got a room no problem which was great and what a lovely little town it was too the locals where kind and welcoming and the beer was cold . Thanks

Date of stay: June 2016