All reviews rent motorbikes shop on site away from the hustle and bustle place to stay the hotel staff hot water alona beach balcony tricycle pools massage philippines bohol
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Stayed here in July 2018. It is a lovely place to stay away from the noise and business of Alone Beach but a 10 min tricycle ride will take you to Alona Beach and Damulam beach.

Rooms:
Adequate and to be honest it was the pool area that made if for us as we were not in the room that much.

Quite basic for a 4 star. No water given in the rooms which is a let down as you cannot drink tap water. No tea or coffee making facilities either. No hairdryer. Strangely the beds only had a sheet on, no cover. The AC was very good and very much appreciated after being out on the sun and heat but it did get chilly early morning so some kind of cover would be good if they can have them available. The bathroom also had an over bearing smell of moth balls which wasn't great. No toiletries at all so bring your own.

There is a shop on site where you can buy drinks and snacks which is handy.

Pool area and gardens:
Beautiful. The staff who maintain these areas deserve applause as it was always clean, maintained and lovely. The pool is stunning!! Temperature is perfect and it is a blessing to be able to come back after a day or tours or beach to sink into the pool at sunset. There are two small pools which would suit toddlers but to be honest there weren't many families there.. I think they head closer to the beach.

Restaurant:
Fabulous!! People who both live in Bohol and visit come here to eat. The menu has a great variety of choice and every meal we had was delicious. They have really tried to have a mix of 'feels' in the restaurant area in that they have outside wicker tables and chairs which w=are quote casual and have a daytime feel yet they have made a smarter dining area where you feel you are having dinner too. Well done!!

One of the days we were there they had a birthday of a family who live there and it had such a lovely community feel. They welcomed us to join in the BBQ!

They have a small spa area offering a range of massage and treatments.

Transport:
We took tricyles as they were cheap and fun. At this time the road is awful leading to the hotel so the ride for part of the trip is not comfortable. If you take a car it is less bumpy but does not have the fun of a noisy tricycle.

The resort also has chalets and villas so I will be returning with my family next time.

Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Check the pool view rooms. We booked pool view and had a window looking towards the pool but the balcony faced a wall.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank MacT8
Reviewed 4 July 2018

Came here for dinner with friends. Resort is beautifully landscaped and immaculately kept. The restaurant was lovely and the staff were very attentive. We ordered steak and some beer and wine and it was delicious. Will return for sure!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank shully2015
Reviewed 6 June 2018

I stayed 5 nights here and out of 6 hotels in Philippines this was one of the least expensive and in my opinion the nicest of them. What made it the 'nicest' was because the rooms we nice and clean with air conditioning. But the staff was all really good and pleasant! The grounds/pool and restaurant were also very nice. Great value for your money. **its 150 pesos to get to and from here because it is off the beaten track. You can't rent a scooter from them though.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank CoopaScott
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Excellent value! European comfort at Philippine prices.

Beautiful pool and landscaping. Nicely appointed rooms with A/C. Excellent restaurant serving European favourites as well as Filipino cuisine. The Heineken and San Miguel Pilsen on draft are the perfect way to chill. For other chilling there is massage onsite and a work out room.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank scott w
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely resort which is quite remote but chilled quality staff all round from the bar to the maids which I may add even folded my clothes up neatly which I had all over the place! Food was also very good everything i ate I enjoyed especially there tuna sandwiches. The pool I very nice and clean and very peaceful I suggest to hire bikes because you are out abit but for the money it is the best hotel I have stayed in would 100 per cent go back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends