“not too good”

Greedy Buddha
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Umhlanga
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Greedy Buddha we aim to offer our guests a refreshing and unique approach to dining in SA. We are not an Asian restaurant but our menu and our food philosophy is inspired by the tastes and flavours of South East Asia. You can dine entirely on our Tapas style menu with over 40 different dishes to choose from....Or you can take the more traditional route and have a starter, main and dessert...The choice is yours. Our food philosophy is to take the freshest and most seasonal ingredients and create dishes that fuse the very best techniques and flavours of Eastern and Western cuisine. The results speak for themselves. Call it Asian inspired or call it fusion, we will charm your taste buds in a way that leaves you wanting more!
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Went for dinner with friends...good ambience, friendly service. But food...some fresh some not so. Had gone for Asian fare, was disappointed

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Firstly, the service was excellent, we were served by a gentleman named Lionel.

The sushi as a starter was amazing, as were the cocktails and the chilli chicken won tons.

The noodles however were INEDIBLE!! The pork belly was undercooked and blackish / grey in colour. The chicken noodles were just deep fried bits of chicken with a separate sauce that smelled like citronella. NO flavour - just the taste of citronella. I had to send my food back to the kitchen after one bite and yet paid for it all!

No management intervention.

It was also my boyfriend's birthday - but unlike other restaurants of such class, no dessert surprise at the end (I would have even paid for this if I had to as it was a special day for us and I wanted it to be a memorable experience)

Never going back!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Been a while since I visited last time. Good to see that there are many new items on the menu. I was sad to see some of my favorites were no longer available, but the new additions I tried more than made up for it.

One of my favorite restaurants!

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Having returned from Hong Kong I was feeling for some dim sum. I did not have unreasonable expectations however I was bitterly disappointed. I ordered a selection of different options (meat & veg). It would be obvious to anyone who has ever eaten fresh dim sum that this is frozen and recently defrosted and then steamed. The fat quickly congealed and the rice four wrap proved rubbery and stale. I'm not sure what other peoples standards are but if you're going to serve food, take some pride in it.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Visited here for my birthday with family and friends and was so glad I did. The atmosphere was just right for celebrating and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. Above all the food was truly delicious. Shall certainly return to try more from their menu.