“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE”

Greedy Buddha
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Umhlanga
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Greedy Buddha we aim to offer our guests a refreshing and unique approach to dining in SA. We are not an Asian restaurant but our menu and our food philosophy is inspired by the tastes and flavours of South East Asia. You can dine entirely on our Tapas style menu with over 40 different dishes to choose from....Or you can take the more traditional route and have a starter, main and dessert...The choice is yours. Our food philosophy is to take the freshest and most seasonal ingredients and create dishes that fuse the very best techniques and flavours of Eastern and Western cuisine. The results speak for themselves. Call it Asian inspired or call it fusion, we will charm your taste buds in a way that leaves you wanting more!
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

They SERVE LEFT OVERS STALE FOOD .ON COMPLAINING THEY DO NOTHING ABOUT IT .some of thE senior staff is useless and complete waste of money .poor quality food and drinks

Reviewed 12 August 2018

I was quite excited to try this Asian restaurant but it was such a let down. The place is quite nice however the food is not Asian. Ordered the Salmon Sashimi platter and I was served Cured Salmon not sashimi. Management were attentive and returned the dish but couldn't serve me real Sashimi? They have a sushi menu but couldn't do Sashimi.?.

Bang Bang noodles were soaked in sauce and my side of Veggies were so salty, i couldn't eat them.

Last dish was Lamb Chops drenched in sauce. It was cooked properly however the sauce just ruined it all.

If you like sauce on everything, this is your place.

1  Thank Franks2k
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

I had spotted this venue on previous business trips and being a fan of asian cuisine could not wait to sample the menu. I was pleasantly surprised by the starter, Steamed Pork & Prawn wontons. Delicious. I was however let down by the Bang Bang Noodles for my main course. The other letdown was the flat beer, brought it to the waiters’ attention and no attempt was made to rectify the situation. If I do come back, I will probably get a few of the starter options and make a meal of it.

2  Thank Jace1982
Reviewed 19 July 2018

Just wanted to have a few cocktails then leave, however food coming out of the kitchen looked amazing so we decided to stay, and boy am I glad I did! Had the malay noodles with pork belly and it was honestly one of the best things i've eaten in a long long time. This place is downright epic, go there.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Twonn
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

What can I say when you end the day with impending clients you want it to be write.

This place has certainly got it write, from the 5* food, ambiance, and beverage selection It just has it all.

Nothing was to much and you felt at ease on stepping into the place, from greeting to seating to eating what a experience, one that will be hard to follow.

I am now back in the UK longing for the Dimsum and Duck, Greedy Buddha I applaud you on your food, staff, and attentiveness.

My local chippy does not have the same appeal anymore.

NF