Lowest prices for your stay
US$96
US$92
Agoda.com
US$81
Free cancellation until 21/12/10
Hotels.comUS$93
PricelineUS$95
Trip.comUS$108
All reviews hotel is beautiful reception waiters venue saffron coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 September 2020 via mobile

We decided to try Coastlands as I had heard good reports about the Spa. My mother and I both had a wonderful spa treatment and the views from the breakfast room Saffron where lovely. Easy check in and staff were friendly.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Karynglock
Andre Van Wyk, Marketing at Coastlands Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for visiting our hotel. We are pleased that you had a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed our spa treatments and breakfast. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2020

1. Unflushed toilet upon entry
2. No air-conditioning (due to Covid) and unable to open windows
3. Pieces of biltong in the carpet
4. Peanuts and beads on the sides of the chair
5. Slooooow service in breakfast room
6. Door didn't lock
7. Basin plug did not seal
8. water temperature in the shower runs from ice cold to boiling hot without touching the tap

Room tip: The rooms on the North side get full sun all day - not fun when you can't open windows or use the air con
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologise for the inconvenience which you have endured. We have escalated your review to senior management of the hotel for urgent intervention as this is definitely not the quality of facilities and service that we provide. We look forward to welcome you again soon in order for us to provide you with facilities and service of a high standard which we are renowned for.

Reviewed 28 August 2020 via mobile

The check in took very long. Lady At front desk that assisted was absolutely friendly and efficient. The night was hot and with air conditioning switched off due to COVID the Hotel was unable to provide fans despite offering the availability of a fan upon check in.
Room was neat but dusty. Called to check out n lady Eavashnee was rude a huge contrast to the person who checked us in, staff friendliness is not consistent.
I would serious reconsider visiting this hotel again especially in upcoming months where basic cooling facilities may not be available.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Farzana K
Reviewed 14 August 2020

The location is excellent and the rate per night for the area is really good. The external structure of the hotel is very beautiful and modern. The room that I had was 710 which was spacious and had great views. It was clean and tidy. I do not however recommend this hotel.

I didn't like a lot of things about this hotel. I firstly didn't like that its in a business complex, the reception area is outdated, not welcoming and very cold and stale. The receptionist was not welcoming at all. The furniture is outdated and out of place. The room does not have modern charging USB ports or wireless charging. The plugs are all occupied by lights and non to charge cell phones or laptops. The curtains are very outdated and belong in 1998. The breakfast was terrible and upon asking for a menu or informing the waitress what I would like for breakfast, I was told that "The Chef decides what to serve". I was provided with a cold, stale and tasteless breakfast. I will not be staying in this hotel ever again and will not recommend anyone to stay here.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel
Date of stay: August 2020
Elzette Smith, General Manager at Coastlands Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2020

Dear Ngcebo

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your valuable feedback.

We are pleased that you liked the location of the hotel as well as its external look and structure and we thank you for complimenting us on the cleanliness of your room and the views which it offered.

We have escalated your comments regarding the receptionist to the General Manager of the hotel for urgent attention as well as your comments regarding the lack of amenities which you mentioned.

Furthermore, we will discuss your review at our next directors meeting as it is of utmost importance to us that our guests gave a memorable experience at our hotel and we apologise for the inconvenience which you have experienced.

Andre-B van Wyk
Group Marketing and Sales Manager

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

While typing this review I still recall last week same time I was at Coastlands Umlangha hotel.
The friendly staff surpassed all my expectations.
It was my first time travelling to South Africa and I had lots of apprehensions regarding the service.
We had a lengthy flight since we transited in Joburg and when we arrived u on the 4th floor.
Being a hotelier myself, I could see that nobody was forcing to give us a good service.
Buffet has an array of choice be it at breakfast as well as for dinner and the price is very decent. Everything at the hotel is affordable. Overall we had some 15 rooms booked at Coastlands Umlangha as we stayed there on the occasion of my cousine's wedding.
The waiters are very attentive and patient. Thanks for bearing with us on a Sunday night when we were the last to leave the restaurant and the bar.
The room is spotlessly cleaned and very comfortable.
The hotel is near to Gateway, within 5 minutes walking distance for shopping and dining out.
Parking is free for hotel guests and one can also enjoy some pastries from Oven delight which is next to the hotel.
We hope to be back soon.
Keep up the good job, change nothing.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 552krishnas
Elzette S, Public Relations Manager at Coastlands Umhlanga, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2020

Dear Krishna, thank you for visiting Coastlands Umhlanga Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us thorough and comprehensive feedback. We value your feedback. We are delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. Our staff members will be greatly encouraged by your words of kindness. Your wonderful comments about our hotel, the food, rooms and overall experience are highly appreciated. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful country and city. We are so glad that you had an excellent first-time visit to Coastlands Hotel. We will definitely keep up the good work, especially after receiving such wonderful feedback. We will definitely work harder to make your next stay with us even better. Thank you for your marvellous feedback. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.