Ways to Experience Asakusa
2 957
2 127
2 957
2 127
All reviews great area sumida river traditional japan souvenir shops buddhist temple great shopping shopping street great place to visit street food walk around visiting tokyo rickshaw ride nakamise dori nice temple main temple tourist kimono
109 - 114 of 5 557 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

To visit and admire the beautiful temple, I recommend to visit at night, where there are less crowd of people, you can take a picture at the best moment. Just 3 minutes walk from Asakusa Station (Subway), lots of restaurant nearby so please enjoy.

1  Thank Andreas H
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I visited Tokyo about 20 years ago during the winter and had vague memories of Askausa and the surrounding temples, so it was on my list of places to see upon my return visit 20 years later. Because of the crowds, i visited the place first thing Sunday morning where I had good fortune to missing the crowds that I remembered 20 years earlier. The temples are very nice to just marvel at the architecture. There are many tourist shops in the markets.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

If you are visitng Tokyo for the first time, do pencil in a visit to Asakusa. There are a lot of Edo-era shops lining up along Nakamise street and you can see a lot of kimono clad tourists walking around. It feels like you are transported to the Edo era ! Try explore along the off street away from the main street and there will still be some interesting shops to explore.

1  Thank Rellangis
Reviewed 23 June 2018

We stayed in a Hostel in Asakusa and the location was perfect. Close to great restaurants and shops.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Of the places we visited in Tokyo, this was one of my favorites. It seemed really crowded to me, but our tour guide said it was a quiet day. Wow, I'd hate to see it when it was busy. Upon entering the road to the famous Sensoji Shrine, you walk between stalls selling various foods and souvenirs. I noted people dressed in kimonos, which I learned was a 'touristy' thing to do (we did not). Before getting to the Shrine be sure to waft yourself in the smoke from the burning incense, it is supposed to take away your aches and pains. Everything was interesting and very traditional at the Shrine. This is a 'don't miss' experience.