All reviews japanese style room top floor ueno park living room hot water walking distance breakfast was included second home temple bell school trip outdoor bathtub ta q bin main station japanese breakfast a nice place to stay minute walk old style
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This hotel is nice. Kind of cramp and room smells funny but good for the price. Very conveniently located. Lots of delicious food around. Have yet to try the breakfast. Easily accessible for public transportation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stayed in a Western style room. Size was great, more than enough room for 2 people and luggage. Western rooms have a proper bed, couch, table, fridge and television. Bed was comfy.
Rooms have A/C which is perfect for warmer weather. Rooms were clean, there was housekeeping every day. Fresh bedding and towels every day, which was lovely.
Bathrooms in room were clean, toilet and bath are in separate rooms. Decent size bath and also has a shower.

Staff were friendly and welcoming, always someone available if needed.

There is a lounge area next to reception, to sit and chill and they have computers with internet if you need them. Also small area outside to sit, perfect for nice weather.

Hotel is about 5/10 minute walk away from many different train stations in the area. Lots of places to eat nearby, also about 5 minute walk away. A Lawson convenience store just round the corner for snacks and drinks. Akihabara just down the road. Great location, quiet area, also not too far to travel to get anywhere.

Stayed here twice in recent years; October 2014 and September 2016. I really recommend this place. Even friends I have recommended to have stayed here and thought this hotel was nice. Even staying here again this year myself.

Room Tip: Lower floors have better WiFi signal
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2018

This place reeks of Japan circa 1978. That's not bad. The rooms are largish and the breakfast was very edible. Prices were reasonable, too. The bed was clean though a bit harder than my aging back would have liked. If you want to go back in time and get a taste of how it used to be, I recommend this place.

Room Tip: I could not tell you. Maybe a lower floor is better? The elevators were slow.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Traveling with a family to Tokyo? Stay here. Large rooms but you still can get a traditional Ryokan experience. Great neighborhood with a 711 two blocks away for those late night milk runs. We stayed here with our 23 month old. Small lift but it has one!!! Breakfast is clean and nice. Hotel is old but has great vintage charm and is CLEAN. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Will return to this hotel. Thanks Hotel Edoya!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. I stayed 5 nights with my family including 3 kids (14, 10 & 9 yrs). We all loved the whole experience. Room sleepers waiting at our door, traditional style futions to sleep on, low table and our own bathroom. The hotel has its own onsen an absolute bonus. Very relaxing at the end of the day once you get over the 'awkwardness' & it was a special time to sit, soak & talk with my daughter. The breakfast offered each morning catters well. We enjoyed the traditional rice & broth but also the pastries.
This is not a brand new hotel and if you are looking for 5 star this is not for you. However it is very well maintained and bought and whole extra level to our Tokyo holiday with is being able to take in some Japanese traditions. For me Hotel Edoya has been a highlight of our stay in Tokyo.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family