The following defects of the apartment, when taken individually, may seem small. However, when taken as a whole, they made the apartment feel sub-standard.
• The light outside the apartment door was non-existent (no light fitting, just the bare wire). So it was impossible to see the numbers on the security box in order to gain access to the key. Luckily, occupants of a neighbouring apartment were able to provide a torch.
• When we entered the apartment there was a musty smell. We traced this to the second bedroom where we found damp clothes left hanging in a wardrobe. We had to keep the door to this bedroom permanently closed for the duration of our stay.
• The curtains in the second bedroom were just strung across the window (photo taken).
One curtain was held up by two curtain rings and a peg?
• There was no toilet roll provided in the bathroom.
• Only one bath towel was provided (although two hand towels were provided).
• The water pressure (especially the hot water) in the bathroom was very weak (barely a trickle). This made showering and hair washing very lengthy.
• The lights above the bathroom sink did not work.
• The floor light in living room did not work. What lighting there was made the room feel dingy.
The photos on the website gave the impression that the apartment had no defects.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|