Tunco Lodge(La Libertad)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$77
Hotel Tekuani Kal(La Libertad)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$109
Hotel Pacific Sunrise(La Libertad)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$69
  • Pool
Mandala Eco Villas(La Libertad)(Great Value!)
US$146
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$183
Hotels.com
US$112
SABAS Beach Resort(La Libertad)
US$146
US$111
US$248
US$169
Hotwire.com
US$260
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgeorge and wendybeach breakgreat surfsurf tripthe ownerel salvadorgreat foodhis wifegreat placegreat getawaysatellite tvuncrowded wavesred snappermorning surfflip flopshead highsecret spot
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Me and my father decided to make this trip a few months in advance, and although we didn’t plan as much as we normally do for trips, it couldn’t have turned out better. The waves, albeit a little powerful, were consistent and clean breaking, the food was home cooked and delicious day in and day out. The views from our room simply can’t be beaten. George and Wendy were excellent hosts catering to all of our needs and comforts, and the resort in general is set up impeccably. In addition, there are day trips you can take if you get tired of surfing or want a different break. As for relaxation, I can’t remember a more relaxing trip, definitely second to none. Thanks again George and Wendy for a wonderful vacation, we will most certainly be back!

Stayed: March 2018
Mizata P, Owner at Mizata Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Your welcome, Jude. We enjoyed watching you and your dad bonding and enjoying each other’s company. Hope you both return soon. Surf safe.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

I have stayed with MPR 5 times now. George,Wendy, and the staff are excellent. Whatever you need, they will make sure you get it. Food is absolutely excellent. The family style meals are the best! The fried red snapper is absolutely to die for!! Surf at Mizata is almost always great. All you have to do is surf and everything else will be done for you. The wave at the point and the beach break are powerful. Not necessarily a beginner spot. I will certainly be back next year. Or even sooner if I can swing it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great. AC and clean accommodations.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Was my first time to visit this part of El Salvador and I planned the trip around surfing. The local surf spot is a lot of fun, and Mizata Point Resort was a big part of my enjoyable stay. George & family & staff are all very pleasant to talk with. The bed was very comfortable and the staff made sure I had everything I desired. The location is super convenient if your main objective is to surf, and the resort can organize other nature-focused excursions for you (waterfalls, etc) if you'd like to partake. They cooked wonderful meals for me and made me feel at home. Thanks again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Wow...what a great 6 nights! We surfed, ate, relaxed, surfed again, ate again and slept like babies! My boyfriend and I spent 6 wonderful nights with George and Wendy at Mizata Point Resort. The surf was everything we had hoped for, beach breaks and a sweet point break. The food....well the food was exceptional....fish, chicken, shrimp...mmmmmm still thinking about it.
The resort is right on the water so even when you aren’t surfing you can lay in the hammocks and watch it...until you fall asleep.
The pool also has a great view of the Point Break.
I can’t say enough about the hospitality of George and his staff...friendly,attentive and just overall happy. They only clean rooms every couple of days, but all you need to do is ask should you want an extra clean, towels , whatever.
I will be spreading the word to all my friends to book a trip to Mizata and stay with George and Wendy....great 6 nights....can’t wait to go back!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank olivetreeray
Reviewed 26 February 2018

This place certainly uses the word "resort" loosely. The reservation process was somewhat tedious and the owner (George Smith) - who also tends to reservations -seemed to be bothered by the back and forth of arranging it all. We - 2 friends and I - arrived on a Friday at about 17h. We were received by the owner himself (who also lives within the premises), he only addressed 1 member of the group without even acknowledging the presence of the other 2. We were taken to the room which seemed clean and tidy enough; however, the bathroom included no toiletries and sheets were scarce at its best.

We then decided to watch the sunset on the beach. That's when we discovered the "resort" has no beach access. The whole place is surrounded by electrified barbed wire - which is conveniently not shown in the pictures posted to social media or the enticing video tour of the hotel on YouTube.

During the 3 days we stayed at the hotel, the room was not cleaned, towels were not replaced, toiletries did not make it to the bathroom sink. Not once did someone come to check with us, if everything was OK. Their menu is limited and kitchen hours of operation are short. There is no access to food or beverages (drinking water, etc.) past 19h30.

To say the staff is spread thin is an understatement. I saw 1 man and 1 woman working on different tasks, but they were clearly not enough to tend to the myriad of items overlooked by the hotel. George, the owner, is rude and unwelcoming to non-American visitors (hence, to the staff as well). He ordered us (yes, he said “it is an order”) not to take a coffee pot to our table at the restaurant – which we chose to do as he has decided not to invest on waiting staff for his guests (the kitchen staff takes your order and goes back to the kitchen to prep it) The staff is mistreated by him and they seemed to be scared of him.

I do not recommend this place at all, not only because of the disappointing service (at no fault of the overworked and underpaid personnel) but because empowering business owners like George only fosters these behaviors to continue and ends in vicious circle of abuse of workers and poor experiences for guests at their expense

Room Tip: Stay at the hotel next door
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank kixter9
Mizata P, Owner at Mizata Point Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

This is the hard part of running a hotel. Trying to please all the guests. It is not possible. These three men rented a room for 2 nights. They did not support the restaurant except for a few refreshments and the included breakfast each morning. I don’t intrude on the guests privacy. We clean rooms after every two nights. They stayed only 2 nights. At no time did they ever request any supplies for the room, which we leave well supplied with toiletries.
What really provoked this negative response the the coffee pot issue. I put a coffee pot and cups out for all the guests in the morning to drink as they please. It is on a counter at the kitchen. One of the the three guests felt that he was entitled to take the coffee pot to his table for their use. I asked him to put it back on the counter so all the guests could use it. That’s when words were exchanged. My belief is that what I do here is for the pleasure of all our guests, not just one or two. I will always interviene when I see something in my hotel that I feel is unfair to the rest of my guest. This was one such incident. For some reason this guest felt that the rules I had in place didn’t apply to him and when I called him on it, he became upset. The coffee pot was returned and I left, never saying another word to them. They left shortly after, I am sure, disapponted and unhappy. I try and make the stay here as pleasurable as possible but don’t always succeed. This was one of those times.
The staff he refers to was my wife. Wendy, who is a Honduran. We had plenty of staff to meet the needs of the few guests we had staying with us. Yes,we do close our restaurant at 7:30, after putting in a 14 hour day. It is well documented on every wall in every room.
I have said it before and will say it again. I have never found it possible to please everyone. Sadly they have the advantage to negatively review us and leave a black mark. We work very hard to not have this happen, bit it inevibliy does every so often. I can only apologize to the guest and try harder so that it doesn’t happen at a future time.